Chapter Thirteen

Thomas and I leaped down from the lookout and helped the rest of the Gladers search for the missing girl. She couldn't have gone far, unless she saw the maze and tried to make a run for it. Gladers everywhere sprawled out across the Glade searching for the missing girl. Some split up and looked around the Deadheads and Bloodhouse while I met up with Gally and looked through the Homestead.

"I never liked her." Gally grumbled as we looked around the inside of the Homestead.

I'm sure he was still upset from earlier, as was I, but it always takes him longer to cool down, "We'll you seemed to like me when I came up in the box."

Gally's eyes shot up and met with mine, "No I didn't." he sputtered, "Not before we interrogated you then I showed you around."

I laughed at his sharp reaction, "Geez, you're easy to peeve." I joked.

Gally took a step towards me and smirked. He walked towards me with a smug look across his face. I stumbled backwards until my back met one of the walls. Gally pressed himself closer to me and placed both hands on either side of me against the wall, enclosing me in his presence. I let out a small breath before he leaned closer to my ear, "And you're easy to tease," he whispered, his words brushing against my sensitive skin.

I scoffed before shoving him off of me, "Oh, you wish."

Just as he got off of me, Frypan bursted through the door, "We- am I interrupting something?"

"No!" we both gawked. Although he didn't look too convinced.

"Hm. Anyway, we found the girl, but you two seem more interested in each other." Fry teased. Gally jokingly rolled up both his sleeves and lumbered over to Fry, "Shit!" he yelled before running back outside. Gally and I both laughed at his face, he looked like he'd just klunked his pants.

We collected ourselves, then joined the rest of the boys outside. We watched as most of them ran towards a slender figure with long black hair, it must've been the girl. A group of boys chased after her as she swiftly climbed up the ladder of the lookout where Thomas and I were seated earlier. She seemed to be carrying something across her arm, but I couldn't tell what it was. Gally and I ran over to the group, meeting Newt who came across the other side of the Glade. The closer we got, I saw something rain down on the Gladers below her. She seemed to be dropping rocks onto them like little bombs; that's probably what she was carrying.

One rock landed right beside Gally's foot once we met up with Newt at the front of the group. He jumped back and swore up at the girl.

"C'mon down!" New shouted, before one of the rocks fell right in front of him, "Hey!"

Behind us, Zart and some other boys had brought shields of giant pot lids and square wood planks, "Zart! Pass one!" when Zart tossed one of the pot covers to me, one of the girl's ammo skimmed past my head. I shielded the top of my head, then went back to join Gally who unfortunately had no protection.

"Leave me alone!" the girl's high voice demanded.

His hands covered his head, "Hey throw one more of those thing I'm-OW!" one of the girl's rocks had struck him right on his noggin.

I couldn't help but laugh at the situation, "I'm liking her!" I chuckled. Gally shot me another one of his infamous death glares but it only made me laugh harder. Suddenly, I remembered how when she first came up in the box, the only thing she said was Thomas. I sharply looked across the Glade for Jeff and Clint, who'd been watching her more closely, "Clint, Jeff!" I called out when the two of them caught my eye, "Go find Thomas! He's probably with Minho." The two of them nodded and adhered to my instructions.