Healer Malfoy and Auror Potter

Ship: Drarry
This is kind of an AU situation where Hinny didn't happen.

...

Five years after the war Harry Potter found himself in a new found fame. All his life the spotlight had been on him from being a Triwizard Champion to being the most wanted wizard in the Wizarding world. The spotlight was not put on his wizarding abilities for the first time in a long time. Instead it was on his personal life. Headlines on the Daily Prophet included: When will the boy who lived settle down? Or: Harry Potter spotted with "friend" at lunch! And his personal favorite: The chances you have with being the Chosen One's chosen one!

Harry had a very busy life. He needed to look after his godson while running the Auror office. Sometimes he wished he had someone to come home to. Someone he could count on no matter what, but people had messed up intentions sometimes. He wanted someone who loved him for him, not his fame or gold. Tonight he was going to Andromeda's for dinner with her and Teddy before taking Teddy to his place for the weekend.

He had grown to love every minute with Teddy. At first he was hesitant because this was Remus and Tonks's child. Ever since he and Ginny decided that it hadn't been working Harry spent most nights alone or with Teddy. Occasionally he saw Ron and Hermione, but often the couple was off and taking on the world.

As he knocked on Andromeda's door he couldn't help but wonder what things could've been like. What if Remus and Tonks lived? What if he and Ginny had worked out? What if-

His thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. When he looked up and saw Draco Malfoy holding Teddy he had to blink a few times. Sure Teddy and Draco were cousins, but he didn't think Malfoy had been the kid type. Draco seemed to be confused by his presence and just as he was about to explain Draco's mother appeared behind him.

"Ah Harry we were expecting you! Come in! Come in! Meda's putting dinner on the table." Harry walked in to the house he knew very well. "So Harry dear how are you?" Narcissa Malfoy was grinning widely and it seemed to suit her more than the stressed look he had often seen.

"Just fine. Work is a bit stressful, but I'll hang in there." Harry tried to continue the conversation without being awkward, but Malfoy kept staring at him. He began to become self conscious and sat down in his usual place at the table. "How's your week been Teddy?" He grinned down at the child who had not yet turned five.

"A bit boring. We went to the park." Teddy shoved a strawberry in his mouth. Andromeda looked at him with disapproving eyes.

"Teddy I told you to take small bites!" Teddy looked at his grandmother and apologized softly under his breath. Harry and Draco chuckled lightly before Harry directed his attention to Andromeda.

"How are you doing Andromeda?" The woman who took care of Teddy primarily looked at Harry. The Godfather of the boy she loves dearly and smiled.

"Teddy reminds me of his parents more everyday. The other day in Diagon Alley he turned his hair bubblegum pink, like Dora used to do, and I nearly cried." Narcissa took her sister's hand. She had lost everything in the war. Her husband, her daughter, and yet she was still so strong.

"What's that Harry?" Teddy pointed to the back of Harry's hand where the outline of I must not tell lies was still carved. Harry cursed inwardly and looked up at his grandmother silently asking if he should tell him the true story.

"One of my many scars." Draco rolled his eyes at that statement. Wonderful Harry Potter with his lightning scar and broomstick.

"How'd you get that one?" This time Harry made eye contact with Draco who was sitting directly across from him. He didn't talk much about his scars because they brought back hurtful memories, but he couldn't starve the kid from knowledge.