Were you blushing?

Remadora
Jily

...

Remus Lupin had accepted the fact that he had to turn into a wild every month almost entirely alone. He had his best mate, and the only friend left from his days at Hogwarts, turn into an illegal animagi. This made him a bit guilty, but Sirius has been doing this for years. Sirius has also been his best mate for years.

Sirius took notice of certain things that Remus did that no one else would even do a double-take of. Sirius has only known his cousin for a short period of time, but she was a horrible liar.

The full moon had just ended and Remus was in the bathroom. Sirius has just helped him take care of his newly acquired wounds when he saw an anxious looking girl sitting at the kitchen table.

"Merlin's fucking beard." He muttered as he slid into the chair across from her. She looked up and he could see the bags underneath her eyes. War took a toll on people, but he could tell it was more than that. He had been through enough to see it as something different.

Sirius has once seen the same look from another one of his best friend's. They had a weird relationship. Founded on their family trauma, they didn't do much small talk. If they had a problem they would tell each other. The fiery redhead had loved his best mate during the first war. Their love was so strong that he thought it could withstand anything. He shook his head, you can't think about them right now Sirius! Live in the present.

"You alright Tonks?" She gave him a fleeting look. It was desperate and hadn't lasted long. She was a strong woman, so when she was tearing up in front of him, he froze.

This was so much like what had happened nearly two decades ago he almost started to tear up. Both women that sat across from him hardly cried, only if the situation was sirius enough.

"Hey, what's wrong, talk to me." He said it gently and she slowly lifted her gaze to meet his.

"Is Remus alright?" This question made him lean back in his chair. He might've even been smirking a bit.

"You like him." Sirius said in a singsong voice. Her cheeks turned red.

"Shut up and answer my question!" He chuckled.

"Remus is alright as he can be. Were you blushing Tonks? I don't think I've seen you blush before now."

"Ugh whatever."

...

This interaction reminded him of the time he sat across from Lily Evans in the Gryffindor common room. It was late in their sixth year and James had just gone to bed.

"Lily?"

"Hmm?"

"James compliments you all the time." She looked up from her book and raised her eyebrows. No one but Sirius could know where this was going. "When he complimented you tonight, were you blushing?"

"Oh sod off Sirius!"