Tattoos

It was not uncommon for people in the Wizarding world to get tattoos. Everyone had different reasons for them though.

Sirius Black got his first tattoo to rebel against his family. It was the Gryffindor lion on his left shoulder. Every now and then when Sirius was in a mood it would silently roar. He got his second a month before he was sent into Azkaban. It was a moon, that would wax and wane like the real moon in the sky. He got it to remind him when Moony transformed.

James Potter had only one tattoo. He found dueling with a wedding ring rather difficult, so he got it tattooed. The ring, if intertwined with the match, would change color to match your mood. Lily Evans Potter agreed to get the matching tattoo to James.

Peter Pettigrew got his first tattoo when he pledged his life to a dark group of people. Not one of his "friends" ever saw it. That would prove to be fatal for two of them.

Marlene McKinnon got her first tattoo the second she turned seventeen. It was placed on her upper thigh and was a rose bush. The roses would bloom when spring came.

Her second tattoo reflected her patronus, something she was originally was ashamed of. It didn't match her badass, not giving a shit attitude. The bumblebee would buzz around the rose bush when she was feeling particularly stressed.

Draco Malfoy got his first tattoo in his sixth year of Hogwarts. It wasn't something he wanted, but he did it for his family. His left forearm remained covered in a tattoo that brought him shame, until he got his second tattoo.

Two years after the end of the second wizard war, he visited Luna Lovegood's tattoo parlor. He was nervous as he opened the door and the bell jingled. Draco received many stares, most were unsurprisingly unpleasant. Luna gave him the sleeve of narcissus flowers with a smile as she did every customer. He left ignoring the unpleasant stares with a small smile of his own.

Harry Potter got a couple meaningful tattoos. One was a snitch that flitted around his body, not staying in one place for too long. It went extremely fast when he was especially stressed. The snitch reminded him of the game of Quidditch which helped him fit into the Wizarding World. It also made him think of his walk into the Forbidden Forest, so many years ago.

Harry also has a doe, stag, dog, and wolf respectively to remind him of four people that gave their lives for him.

George has one tattoo. Not many people know about it, but the ones who do, don't mention it much. Fireworks that constantly go off over his heart. It stands for the time he and his twin brother raised hell at Hogwarts and left with style. He got it done over his heart because that's where Fred lives.

Minerva McGonagall got one tattoo. It was the date the Death Eaters took so many. She would never forget what happened on May 2, 1998. She would never forget the lives she could've saved, but failed to in the early hours of the morning. The innocent lives lost in all the chaos of the world.

Luna Lovegood doesn't have any tattoos. She might not have any, but she has given many over a short time. Some that looked like they meant nothing, yet they actually meant everything to the person getting the tattoo done. Luna puts special care into each tattoo that she does because she only wants to put good in the world. A world that once didn't treat her right, but also a world that got better with time.

Author's Note:
I said it before and I'll say it again I absolutely adore the Weasley twins! And every Marauders era character. (Except Peter and Snape and Yaxley and, well you get the point.) I hope you all are having a good week!

-teddy🥰