Chapter Twenty Three

Bhairavi went looking for Samanya and found him in his bedroom. He was trying to call someone. Finally frustrated at being unable to reach the number, he threw his phone on the bed and sat beside it, clutching his head.

'Samanya, hey are you alright?'

Nodding, he rubbed his face to pacify himself before smiling sadly at her, "Hey, it's completely alright. I understand. You don't have to leave practice and come and get me. I just...felt...I don't know, envy at the thought of you preferring his company over mine in Mayuri's party. Forgive me, Bhairavi. Don't waste time over this. Go practice. "

'Practice is over. He left.'
Samanya jumped up at that, "What? What do you mean!? I just left you guys in that room and came here."

Bhairavi smiled before explaining the entire thing to him, from the reality where time stood still, to the identity of the man. After hearing everything Samanya struck his forehead with his palm, embarrassed, "I was jealous of Lord Kal Bhairava, who is like a father to you. God, I am so stupid. What must he be thinking of me."

Bhairavi laughed at his reaction, 'Hey it is perfectly alright. Wait a second, why were you jealous of him though?'

Samanya blushed and tried to deny and avoid answering but Bhairavi could be stubborn when she wanted to. Finally he conceded, "Fine. Yes, I was jealous. Because I am a foolish Rakshasa who wants you all to himself and does not like sharing you. You are my best friend, Bhairavi, as well as the girl I like and am attracted to. Can't exactly lose you now, can I?"

Bhairavi did not know how to respond to that. She really liked him but matters always stayed uncomplicated when they did not have a label. Plus, since her life was on countdown at the moment, she could not really think about it properly.

Samanya understood her dilemma and put a finger under her chin to push it up so that her eyes met his. "Bhairavi. Just because I expressed how I feel about you does not make you obliged to do the same. Especially in such a situation. Think about it later. If you survive." he added playfully and got a punch for that.

'Very inspiring,' Bhairavi added sarcastically before pulling him in for a kiss. She did not know if she would get to kiss him again, and she really did not want to miss out for one last time. Samanya seemed to realise her reasons and was reluctant to part when they paused to catch their breath. He caressed her face and tried to have his fill of looking at her, her dark, expressive eyes, her straight nose with a slightly rounded end, her soft cheeks, and those tempting lips.

He realised it was impossible. He could not imagine existing without her warm hugs, or her bright, rare smiles, or her punches and sarcastic retorts. No matter what, I cannot let anything happen to her, Samanya promised himself.

Bhairavi simply shut her eyes and enjoyed his warmth, the feel of his fingers brushing her cheeks and his other hand rubbing her back, patiently holding her for as long as she needed him to.

Gathering her thoughts and courage, she finally decided to get up and go home. She had to tell Namma everything, explain it to her and make her understand. Her only consolation? If anything happened to her, Namma would still have Summer for company and Samanya to look after her. She could trust Samanya with Namma's care if anything happened, she knew that.

'I better go home. Namma needs to know. She deserves to. Who knows when Bhay comes knocking. Let's see if I can get her to shift back to her old house with Summer. That way she will be safer and out of harm's way.' Samanya nodded, "Come, let's take you home."

As they walked back, Bhairavi checked her watch and saw it was nine already. 'Where did all the time go!? Time did not pass while I practiced!' Bhairavi exclaimed. "You were in Tapasya for six hours, approximately. Time passes differently while one meditates, as you know. What might have been a short conversation of a few moments equals to hours in our reality. You hungry?"