Chapter Two

I was in the park with Ikuto to get some stuff off my mind. We talked for hours, about school and stuff. It wasn't a date or anything. I still liked Kukai. One day we were in the park when Rima and Amu were passing by. Rima gave me a death-like stare. She started talking to Amu and Amu looked at me wide eyed.

"I knew you were up to something!" Rima yelled. I frowned and Amu and Rima Character Transformed. Rima's Juggling Party attack was just about to hit me when Ikuto picked me up and carried me away from the bench. He put me down and smiled.

"You okay?" he asked. I nodded and stood up.

"Of all people, why do you have to hang out with Ikuto?" Amu asked, obviously furious. I sighed. I was getting mad. My blood boiled and my head pounded. Amu said more but I wasn't listening. I clenched my fists.

"DO YOU REALLY EXPECT ME TO DITCH A FRIEND?!?!?!" I yelled. Ikuto looked over his shoulder at me. Amu's eyes widened but I didn't care. I walked out of the park and Ikuto followed. There was an awkward silence.

"Thank you," Ikuto said. I looked up at him and smiled.

"You're welcome. I'm just sure I won't be allowed to join the Guardians for a while," I said giggling. I walked to my house.

"Want to come in?" I asked. Ikuto shook his head.

"No thanks but I appreciate your hospitality," he replied.

"Don't be so formal!" I said blushing. Ikuto waved as he walked further away from my house. I walked inside and up to my room in silence. I collapsed on my bed. Could it be true that I have feelings for Ikuto? I sighed as Sophie and Silph sat on my shoulders. I picked up my phone to text Amu. This was our conversation:
Me: If only you would let me explain.
Amu: Don't even talk to me! We all have an idea of what you're planning.
Me: 'All' as in, all of the Guardians?
Amu: No....... it's the marching band. Who else???
Me: ...
Amu: You are officially banned from the Guardians. We will no longer be needing our Jewel Chair any longer.

I started to cry. It was the only thing that I could do.