| 01

˚◞♡ ⃗*ೃ༄

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃 was tired. She was tired of being ignored, she was tired of her family and most importantly, she was tired of being treated like a child, when her past experiences said differently. Ever since her father had found work in England, her life had gone downhill. She had been perfectly content living in France, going to Beauxbatons school of witchcraft with her closest friends, and just having an amazing life for a teenage witch  in general.

That was until he had messed everything up.

It was the day before her fifteenth birthday that her father had dropped the bomb about moving. She hadn't kicked off at him, she hadn't thrown a tantrum, and she certainly hadn't shouted at him. She knew his work was always going to be more important to him than her well being, and she accepted that now, as she had accepted it from a very young age, or even from when she could first talk.
Tomorrow was the day that she would begin a whole new life, at a whole school. 'Hogwarts is the best witch and wizardry school in the whole country!' She'd been told a countless number of times. But why would she care about her grades if she had to live a whole new life?

Frankly, Aurora didn't care. What she did care about, was how she would be starting the school in her fourth year, and would most likely not make any friends.

She thought about this, sighing. She was perched on her windowsill, sat under the velvet midnight sky, enjoying her last day of peace. Stars were scattered, as if Mother Nature had sprinkled them over the land. Her eyes rested on the old swing she used to play on when she was small with her father. She supposed times were better then, but her parents true colours had always been hiding. They had only waited until the most important time in her life to show.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 holding tightly onto her cage containing her owl, Aria. She had insisted on her parents not needing to accompany her into the station, but as she pushed her way through the crowd of muggles, she found herself regretting her decision already.

She found herself looking at a family, who she hoped were witches and wizards. They looked quite odd to Aurora; the mix and match of homemade knitted scarves and unwieldy ginger hair putting her off.

However, taking a deep breath, she plastered a smile of fake confidence into her face and walked towards them with long strides.

"Excuse me?" Her voice felt smaller than it really was, her original plan of confidence wearing away at the seams.

"Hi! I'm Aurora Westwood, and I was wondering if you could you please tell me if there is a platform 9 3/4 around?"

She was fully expecting for the whole family to burst into laughter and tell her that there was in fact not a platform called that, and that she was barking mad. However, much to Aurora's relief, the woman smiled and nodded, kindness filling her face.

"Of course dear! You must be new to Hogwarts, I'm Molly Weasley! What year are you supposed to be in?"
Aurora smiled back as she fumbled around her bag, looking for her Hogwarts letter. "Oh, i'm in- fourth year, I think?"

Molly's smile grew bigger as she gestured to a scowling boy with a mop of messy ginger hair, slightly taller than she was.
"Ron here," She elbowed her son, making him hastily look up and give a panicked smile at Aurora. "Is also in fourth year! He can show you around Hogwarts when you arrive, and i'm sure Hermione and Harry will love you too, dear!"
Aurora assumed they were friends of Ron, and sent him a grateful look.