| 10

˚◞♡ ⃗*ೃ༄

𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐔𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋, 𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 of witchcraft and wizardry had an unusual buzz to it. The excitement crept into the corridors and snuck into the creeks and cracks of the old building. Aurora and Hermione had to admit they were looking forward to it and even better, Aurora felt much happier about Harry being her date. Overjoyed, even. Over the past couple of weeks she had found herself paying more attention to the little things he did, like his messed up hair when he woke up late, or his grin at one of Ron's jokes. And to be honest, every day she felt more attracted to him.

Draco had seemed more distant recently, and every time
Aurora had tried to catch his eye in lesson or across the tables at dinner, he had suddenly seemed to be rather interested in his shoes. Or recently, Parkinson. Pansy Parkinson. Aurora hated the girl with a passion, and she despised the way she would push herself onto Draco. She always seemed to be hanging on to his arm, like a stupid little accessory. Wherever he went, she would follow. What was her problem?

Since they hadn't been talking as much, Aurora found herself missing the Slytherin terribly. Was that such an awful thing?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐔𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 breathtakingly beautiful. She wore a deep red gown that reached her toes, made of a silky satin material that hugged her curves perfectly. The colour was rich, and it complimented her bright hazel eyes well. Hermione had carefully styled her hair into beachy-like waves that hung around her face, and surprisingly, she loved Luna's makeup.

Staring into the mirror and smoothing a few creases from her dress, she allowed a smile to cross her lips.

"You ready, Aurora?" Hermione's voice called from the other room, and Aurora shouted back a yes, as she finished applying her lipgloss.

Hermione's dress was a beautiful. It had layers of lavender and rose coloured silk, and her hair was piled on the top of head in a simple, yet elegant style.

Both girls headed towards the hall, and Aurora hoped no one could hear her loud heartbeat . They bumped into Ginny Weasley and greeted her with Neville, and the four walked together.

"So, Hermione. We walk into this hall in what- 20 seconds? And then I will see your date?" Aurora asked, a smug smile tugging at her lips.

Hermione didn't say anything, and a fierce blush already over her cheeks. "I suppose so."

As they reached the door, Hermione squeezed her hand, and they began to ascend the steps.

The hall itself was breathtaking, with hundreds of strings of lights and carefully decorated trees. Students chatted and sat around with their dates, but as Hermione and Aurora started walking down the stairs, a hush spread over the room like a wave.

As Victor Krum came out from the crowd and held his arm out to the blushing girl next to her, her mouth dropped open.

"Oh my god... Mione!" She whispered in amazement  as Krum was lead her away to the dance floor.

Aurora was left alone, but she couldn't see Harry anywhere, so she started to head towards Ron, who appeared to be alone. Various students from other houses were very obviously staring at her, but she just smiled and ignored them, wanting to find her own date.

"Hey Ron! Do you know where Ha-" she was interrupted by someone tapping her on the back, and she spun around straight away, and was met a familiar Gryffindor.

He took in Aurora's dress and appearance, and his mouth hung open in awe.

"Aurora! You look- you look stunning!" He blushed, and tried to drag his eyes away from Aurora's dress, and met her eyes instead.

She laughed softly and smirked. "You don't look too bad yourself."

They went off to dance with the other couples, and Aurora rested her head on Harry's shoulder to hide her smile as they swayed to the music. They stayed like that for a while, just dancing, until Aurora sighed. "I need a break Harry!Lets go sit over the there." She spoke, pointing to some seats. They sat down next to Ron, who was looking rather sour because of his argument with Hermione. Aurora shook her head at him. It would have been so much easier if he's just admitted to being jealous!

Harry excused himself for the toilet, so Aurora turned to Luna who was beside her. They watched the dancing couples for a while, and it was a peaceful break, until Luna spoke.

"You seem to be good friends with Draco?" She asked.

Aurora spun around, her eyes wide, and she lowered her voice. "Luna! How- how did you know?" She whispered.

Luna just carried on staring into the distance and she shrugged dreamily.

She shook it off, deciding to trust that Luna wouldn't tell a soul. She wasn't that type of person.

After about ten more minutes had gone by, Aurora started to wonder where Harry had got to. He was only going to the toilet, wasn't he?

Getting up, she was scanning her eyes over the crowd looking for Harry, when she suddenly felt a hand around her waist. She let out a little shriek and turned around.

She was met by familiar grey eyes, a smirking face and slicked back blonde hair.

"Draco! What the hell!" She squealed, pushing him away. "And besides, anyone could see, for Merlin's sake!"

Draco just shrugged and smiled. "I just wanted to say-" he paused, running his eyes over Aurora's outfit, making her blush is response. "You look gorgeous tonight." He winked at her, and then in a flash he was gone, leaving Aurora's heart beating faster than she thought was possible.

Shaking her head and steadying herself, she walked off to find Harry, getting more worried about him by the minute. Nearing the seventh floor toilets, she started to call out his name in case he was still in there.

"Harry? Harry are you here? Harr-" she cut herself off abruptly as she watched the scene before her unfold in front of her eyes.

Pushed against the wall, was Cathy Chang from Ravenclaw, kissing- making out with... Harry.

I HAD TO LEAVE IT THERE BAHAHA SORRY, hope you enjoyed this chapter! I can't wait to keep writing, tysm for all the support💞I always appreciate it and try to return the favour <3