| 15

˚◞♡ ⃗*ೃ༄

𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐂 𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆. Everything about the teenage boy, from the way his perfect hair caught the summer sun, the way his perfect smile could cheer up the loneliest of souls, and his bubbly personality could warm even the coldest of hearts.

Aurora Westwood was rather similar to Cedric Diggory, some may say. The way Aurora had a tendency to help people who others would say didn't deserve it, the way her deep brown eyes smiled when her mouth didn't, and the way she never stopped caring.

So, with the silly 'opposites attract" rule out the way, you might assume these two would be close friends. However, they were not.

Aurora and Cedric were one year apart in Hogwarts, and so the only times they had the chance to speak was at mealtimes, and even then they were both sat at separate tables.

It's not that their Hufflepuff yellow and Gryffindor red robes set them apart though.

One day when Aurora was studying in the library she came across him, and they became the unlikeliest of friends.

"Hey! Do you need any help?" The grinning Hufflepuff asked, referring to Aurora's confused face as she searched through the shelves.

"Oh! Er- Cedric, right? Cedric Diggory?"

He nodded. "Aurora?" She was slightly surprised as to why he knew her name, but it felt nice to know, and she nodded too.

"So, do you do a job here? Like, in the library?" She asked, glancing towards the boy.

"Oh, no." He laughed quietly, trying not to alert the librarian, Irma.
"I just like to help people." He replied, shrugging. Aurora returned the smile, looking back to her book for a second, her eyebrows stitched together and biting her lip.

"Do you need any help? I remember doing that topic in potions last year, it was awful." He grimaced, making her laugh.

"Oh! Well, that would be amazing, Cedric! Thank you so much."

"Of course! Now you must crush this ingredient first, or else the whole thing will go wrong-"

And so the two studied together by the crackling fire in the library, and it was the spark of a new friendship.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

( just a little psa I know that the boggart lesson was in third year but I wanted to include it in my story, so I'm just changing a few things )

𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 to ring for defence against the dark arts, taught by Alastor Moody. Aurora didn't mind the lesson and found it rather it interesting, however some of her classmates definitely had different ideas, especially about the teacher.

"Alright class, sit down, sit down." Moody called as the stream of groaning fourth years took their seats in the classroom.

Draco made eye contact with Aurora, a scowl on his face as she rolled her eyes, laughing. Draco hated Moody's lessons, the only plus for him being his seat next to Aurora.

"Today, we are experimenting with Boggarts. Can anyone tell me what a boggart is?" He asked, and as Hermione's hand shot up, Aurora found herself slightly zoning out.

The last few weeks had been full on madness for her, with her aunt, the tournament, and just homework in general. She never really had proper time to relax, and as she felt her eyes begin to droop slowly, Draco quickly shook her before she could fall asleep and Moody would see.