| 05

˚◞♡  ⃗*ೃ༄

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐒, getting some fresh air before their afternoon lessons. The sun was bright in the sky, with only a few wispy white clouds surrounding it.

"Potter!" A voice drawled from behind them, making Aurora jump and hastily spin around.
"Malfoy." Harry sighed, looking irritably at the blonde boy.

Draco jumped down from the tree he was positioned in, and met Aurora's eyes, but quickly looked away and back to Harry.

"Why so tense, Potter? My father and I have a bet, you see," he smirked. "I don't think you'll last ten minutes in this tournament."
Aurora glared at him in anger and opened her mouth to protest, but he interrupted her.

"He disagrees. He thinks you won't last five."
Harry marched up to Draco angrily, but he pushed him off.
"I don't give a damn what your father thinks. He's vile and cruel, and you're pathetic," he spat, turning away.
Aurora felt an immense feeling of pride towards Harry standing up for himself, despite her anger towards Draco.

"Pathetic?" Draco growled, grabbing his wand out of his robes, but before he could utter a spell, Professor Moody came out of nowhere and beat him to it.

Before Aurora could really catch what was happening, Draco was on the floor. Except, he wasn't really Draco. A small, white ferret had replaced his human form, and was now desperately trying to scamper away, but Moody wasn't finished. He waved his wand in circles, and suddenly Draco was bouncing up and down off the floor, squeaking indignantly.

"What are you doing?" Professor Mcgonagall cried. "Is that- a student?"

"I'm teaching." Moody replies, still waving Draco around. "And technically, it is a ferret."
Angrily, Professor Mcgonagall turned Draco back into human form, and he collapsed back onto the floor, trying to run away.

Everyone started laughing around them, including Cedric Diggory and some other older year students who she didn't even recognise, but Aurora seemed to be the only one not laughing. Despite Draco being an absolute idiot towards Harry, she was terribly concerned. Over the past few weeks, their Astronomy Tower meetings had become nearly nightly occurrences, and Aurora cared for Draco, as they were now quite close friends.

"Someone help! He's hurt!" She cried, running over to Draco, who to be honest, looked absolutely fine, but Aurora had to make sure.

"Students, leave." Mcgonagall ordered, and slowly, the students around them began to file away, still chattering and giggling about Draco.
Aurora leant over him gently. "Draco? Are you okay?" She asked, biting her lip.
He scoffed, getting up, "I'm fine, although you are not allowed to tease me about this!"
Aurora bit back a laugh, "Oh, it's a perfect excuse, Malfoy."

What Aurora hadn't seen, was Hermione's knowing look, as she watched the girl who was so deeply worried for the platinum blonde boy, and her hide her smile.

Yes, she hated Malfoy, but she'd seen the two of them over the past few weeks; their secret looks they stole across the table at lunch, and their own way of communicating through their eyes in lessons when they thought no one was looking.

And needn't she forget the midnight 'strolls' Aurora had been going on, somehow exactly the same time as Malfoy, although Aurora had brushed it off and explained it was just a coincidence. So yes, she hated him still, but he acted so different around the girl, as if his showy, cruel personality just disappeared, and Hermione had to admit she was incredibly happy for her best friend.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐄!" 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐃. "𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐘 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔! She nudged the girl beside her, a smile on her face. "I knew she liked you! I mean, could she be more obvious?" Aurora went on.
Hermione turned around to face the Slytherin table, and felt her face heat up as she met eyes with the dark haired girl who was gazing at her. Pansy smiled at Hermione, and she smiled back quickly, before spinning back around and letting a breath out.

"Will you stop it!" She called to Aurora, who was still giggling. "I don't like her. She's Pansy Parkinson, for Merlin's sake!"

Aurora shrugged. "So what? She clearly likes you, and no offence Mione, but you quite clearly like her too, it's pretty obvious."
Hermione waved her off, sighing irritably, but inside, she couldn't help the small smile make her way back into her face as he continued her breakfast.

~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

this is a really short chapter but I wanted to start to include Pansy and Hermione :)) working on an extra long chapter rn!