| 14

˚◞♡  ⃗*ೃ༄

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 the law before, apparating certainly wasn't the way she wanted to do it.
Being a fourteen, almost fifteen year old, it felt very young to be doing something illegal. And for what? Her crazy, mysterious aunt was forcing her to?

Absolutely no way.

Rolling her eyes, she knew she had to stand her ground.
The small office was oddly silence, with Dumbledore staring off into the distance occasionally mumbling some random lines of poetry, and the ticking of a clock in the background. The last of the golden afternoon sunlight filtered into the room and shone on Professor Mcgonagall's face, and she shielded her eyes, giggling. Now Aurora was sure it was a spell, considering she had never even seen her smile before.

Coralina stood in the centre of the room, waving her hand about impatiently. "So, can we leave now?" She asked, sounding strangely like a small child.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I really cannot apparate. If we get caught-"

"We won't get caught." Coralina answers sharply, her harsh green eyes narrowed.

"I know, but if we d-" Aurora was cut off by the sound of a slap. Her aunt's hand had collided swiftly with the young girl's cheek, and she let out a small gasp, as she brought a hand to her red skin.

Aurora felt tears welling up in her eyes, and she had to remind herself that she was in fact safe, and inside Hogwarts still. One thing she knew, was that she couldn't go home with this psychopath of an 'aunt'.

Her eyes glanced towards the door quickly, and she already had a plan forming inside of her head.

Unfortunately, Coralina had followed her eyes with Aurora's to the door, and she knew exactly what she was planning. A lipsticky grin on her smug face, she reached for her wand and was already muttering a locking spell by the time Aurora had even blinked.

Reaching for her own wand, her heart dropped as she realised it wasn't in her pocket.
Shit. Shit. Shit

Now what?

"Don't make this harder than it should be, Aurora. Hold on to my arm, and we'll leave. My home isn't far." Coralina spoke, her tone threatening.

Thinking fast, she grabbed a pin out of her hair, and edged towards the door, keeping a close eye on the blonde woman. Perks of reading muggle books, she thought.

Taking a deep breath, she inserted the the pin into the door quickly, and as soon as it clicked open, she sprinted out the door and shoved it behind her. Realising she still didn't have her wand, the girl sat against the door, making herself as heavy as she could.

Her breathing ragged, she tried to slow her rapidly rising chest, letting a few tears fall from her reddened eyes.

Well then.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐅𝐎𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 Aurora you say goodbye before she left for the week, however he was not in luck.

Sighing, he pushed his blonde hair off his forehead and sat down by the window, letting the warm sunlight cover his face.
He stayed there for a few minutes, the empty school feeling rather peaceful compared to its usual chatter. Oh, and Parkinson's voice, of course. It felt like a weight lifted off his shoulders with her consistent voice in his ear gone.

As he heard a noise, he turned away from the window, his grey eyes narrowing. It sounded like a voice, but he couldn't place where it was from.

As he neared the second floor, the noise ringing in his ears was ever growing louder. Realising it was from Dumbledore's office, he quickly checked to see no one was following him, before turning the corner.

The sight he saw was nothing like expected, and a small gasp left his lips. Sitting on the floor with her back pressed against the door, with her face pale and shaking hands, was Aurora.

Upon seeing him, she quickly stopped calling for help, her pale pink mouth left in a gaping O.

"Aurora? What's-"

She stopped him by placing a finger to her lips, and she hissed "lower your voice, Draco! You have your wand, don't you?"

A confused Draco Malfoy nodded his head, and passed his wand over to Aurora, trusting her enough to not worry.

Muttering a spell under her breath, the moment she was done, she scrambled up, grabbing onto Draco's hand.
Almost the minute they started running, the door began to rattle and demanding voices  could be heard, making both the Gryffindor and Slytherin teenagers jump.

"Shit!" Aurora's eyes glanced around desperately, and to Draco's dismay, landed on a small room cupboard.

"Come on!" She whisper-hissed, pulling his hand again.

"There's no way I'm going in there! Who do you think I am, Potter?" He replied in an incredulous voice.

Aurora ignored his protests rolling her eyes, and shoved them both in the cupboard just as running foot steps could be heard from outside, sounding a lot like Coralina's ridiculously high heels.

The cupboard she had chosen was not one of space. Draco's chest was pushed against hers in the limited room, and their panting breaths from running were almost in sync. His hand was placed above her head on the cramped ceiling, so he was towering over the girl. The air was musty and a thick layer of dust coated the shelves.

"Cosy." Draco sneered into her ear, his voice sending chills down her spine. A blush formed on her cheeks, and she tried frantically to look anywhere but his dangerous grey eyes.

"I'll explain later. It's a long story." She sighed, a hint of laughter in her voice at the sheer ridiculousness of it all. Who would believe her? Dumbledore likely wouldn't remember anything as he was under the spell, and it seemed too much of a fake story. 'My aunt slapped me when I refused to break the law, put my headmaster under an enchantment spell, oh, and tried to kill me.'

The only logical answer was that Coralina wasn't her aunt. Not many aunts try to kill their niece, anyway.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 was extremely stress filled. Aurora would constantly turn down questions about what had happened, and like they had talked about, Draco did not tell anyone he was there. Coralina was having a trial and DNA tests done to check she really was who she claimed to be, and Dumbledore had apologised to Aurora for the everything. The whole situation had really been a mess.

Aurora, Ron and Hermione has cheered Harry on in the second task despite him not being able to hear underwater, and Aurora had also been very pleased with Cedric Diggory had come up form the murky waters with Cathy.

Cathy and Aurora had made up, Cathy telling her that she had no idea about Harry being her date at the Yule ball, and they were now quite close.

In terms of Harry, Aurora hadn't completely forgiven him, but they were on speaking terms again, which helped the awkwardness at the Gryffindor table.

Everyone had been helping Harry prepare for the third task, which would take place in June. Hermione had been giving them general knowledge to research, and they were all trying to help Harry feel more confident about it.

If only they had knew what was coming...

Lulu here! This chapter is NOT edited so please ignore nay typos and mistakes. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, the second half was just kind of a recap of events that have happened but yess, lost more drama coming (and cute draco scenes KAKWKW)