|18

˚◞♡ ⃗*ೃ༄

𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐅𝐎𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐆𝐄. From when he was just seven, it grew normal to the boy that every Sunday he was forbidden to be downstairs, as for reasons unknown to him until recently. Of course, Narcissa always tried her hardest not to involve her son in these dark meetings, but her wish was not always granted.

More times than not, Draco would have caught glimpses of Voldermort and his sickly snake Nagini just as they  were leaving, and although he couldn't really understand what was happening when he was small, he knew his parent's hushed voices and stony glares were not good, and he usually kept out of the way.

It was exceptionally lonely, being Draco Malfoy.

Although Hogwarts school had brought some kind of glimmer of light to his life and even a possible future away from all of this mess, he hated being associated with the Malfoy name. It was surprising, but true. For the boy who always bragged about his blood status to wish to differ? Embarrassed to be a pure blood, even?

Of course, Draco knew his life could have been so much easier if it weren't for his past. He kicked his bed in frustration, rocking back and forth on his knees over the velvet blanket as he recalled the end of term events through his mind.

Say, if his name had been something more inviting, even something like Potter, would Aurora Westwood have not ran away after he kissed her? Would she have stayed, and hugged him, and they would have talked for hours by the astronomy tower like old times? But no, his family messing things up like usual. Aurora would never admit to liking someone like him, and he knew that. Still, it was worth a try.

He started to flick through the start of their summer homework Snape had given them, but slowly put it down and walked to his door as he heard hushed voices from downstairs.

"Yes, goodbye Alfred and Elizabeth Westwood. Thank you for your services, i'll hope to see you again next Sunday, correct?"

Westwood. Draco's sharp intake of air caused him to gasp, and he crept out his door noiselessly and stood at the foot of the stairs. The voice he had heard had been raspy, a little threatening. His father, of course. 

"Draco..." His mother's voice sounded from the bottom step, and he jumped, a guilty look on his face. His father pushed past her despite Narcissa's warning glare and suddenly threw Draco against the wall, holding his wand against the boy's throat.

Draco quivered in fear, shaking his head desperately. "Lucius! Stop!" Narcissa pleaded, her eyes glossy as she watched the scene.
"Now Draco, tell me. Tell me exactly what you heard, and if not, you know what will happen." Lucius hissed.

Draco's eyes were wide in fear, as he choked out an answer. "They're alive. They're..." He paused, his father's dark eyes boring into his own.

"You did that to Aurora. How could you, father." He whispered dropping his eyes to the floor, already knowing he would receive a punishment for this. Every little thing he did, deemed awful enough for a punishment in Malfoy Manor.

"This will teacher you not to eavesdrop when you're not needed, Draco." Lucius spoke, his voice low and dangerous. His mother's scared eyes were the last thing Draco saw before he completely blacked out, dropping his head onto the wooden floor below.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

𝐀 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐌 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐃, muffling his tears with a pillow. He had just finished cleaning his bloody nose from earlier, and he still now looked at his reflection with great fear. A dark purplish coloured bruise had taken place under his right eye, and he gently touched it with his finger, wincing.

Wiping at his cheeks, Draco slowly walked over to his desk and sat down, switching on the lamp and taking a piece of parchment of out the drawer. He plucked out a fresh quill, and with shaking hands he began to write.

Dear Aurora...

I hope you're having an amazing summer. and i̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ 

No. He stopped, putting his quill down with a huff, and regarded his options. He couldn't be too lovey-dovey, of course. He had only kissed her once! However, Draco also didn't want to just tell Aurora about her parents straight away, so bluntly and without warning. So he began to write yet again, and this time he only put his quill down after around ten minutes, and admired his letter.

Dear Aurora,

I hate to admit this, but i have missed you terribly over summer, and cannot wait to see you again in fifth year. I have some immediate news to tell you, but i can't risk being caught. I'm going to try and apparate to the Burrow tonight at 12, meet me outside and you must be alone.

Kindest regards, Draco.

Taking a deep breath, he carefully stamped it into an envelope with a seal, and passed it to his owl which spread its wings into the dusky sky outside.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 as an owl tapped at the window. Fred and George winked at each other, and began to chant, "Aurora has a secret admirer, Aurora has a secret admirer!"

She playfully hit them both on the arm as she unclipped the note from the owl's leg, and she couldn't help but smile as she noticed it was Draco's familiar handwriting on the name tag, Aurora. His owl's eagle-like eyes stared with something that resembled worry, but Aurora missed it and preceded to run up the rickety stairs, holding her letter close.

Aurora wasn't entirely sure what she would call her relationship with Draco, as it was a complete secret that they had kissed at the end of term, and she planned to keep it that way. Nonetheless, she opened the sealed parchment with eager.

The girl's face fell, and her eyes darkened as she skimmed past the words. Clearly, whatever Draco needed to tell her was urgent, and she knew it couldn't wait. Glancing over at the grandfather clock in the corner of the room, she jumped slightly as it read 10pm.

two hours.

She had two hours to prepare herself, mentally and physically, for this mysterious meeting with Draco, and she would use all the time she had.

oops it's me lol, i'm so sorry it's taken such a long time to update! also i have not edited this chapter yet so i ppl pose for any spelling errors or anything!! also, i've been getting so so many ghost readers recently, so i'm asking you if you see this to please hit the vote button!! hope you all enjoyed <33