| 16

˚◞♡  ⃗*ೃ༄

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃, Hermione Granger, and she let out a sigh of relief. "You're late." Hermione remarked, not taking her eyes off Harry who was speaking to Cedric and Fleur at the bottom of the stands.

"Overslept. Sorry." She breathed, still catching her breath. The third task was about to start, and the crowd waited in anticipation, everyone trying to conduct their own conversations, but failing, as a blanket of silence settled over the nervy.

As the last of the contestants disappeared into the maze, all that could be seen was the final swish of Fleur's blonde ponytail before it was quiet yet again. "Hermione. I'm worried. Harry seemed so- set this morning, and when has he been wrong before?" Aurora spoke, her voice a hoarse whisper.

Hermione stayed silent, but found her best friend's hand and proceeded to squeeze it, letting the brunette rest her head on her shoulder. "Harry will be okay, he always is." she murmured, just as a shriek made them both jump up.

Aurora's heart was racing and she looked around frantically at the Beauxbatons girls who had obviously identified the scream as Fleur's. They had wide eyes and were all hugging each other.

Twisting around her seat, Draco Malfoy came into view and offered her the tiniest of reassuring smiles when no one was looking. She returned the favour and turned back to Hermione. They sat in the same anxious silence for what felt like hours, both jumping at every scream and shout of fear that they heard.

The maze loomed ahead of them, its deep green walls uninviting and cold. The leaves looked unearthly and dried, as if permanently in winter, and the complete darkness from inside did not dull anyone's nerves.

As sudden as he had gone in, Harry was returned out of the maze, but Aurora's face turned to one of horror and she let out a chilling shriek as she realised what had happened. Harry was letting out heart-wrenching sobs from the back of his throat, that echoed around the stadium. All applause cut off abruptly, and Dumbledore's face considerably paled a few shades as he started to run towards Harry and the limp body.

Cedric Diggory lay unmoving on the ground, staring up into the now stormy sky with once-smiling, trauma-filled eyes. His old caring and sweet personality wiped, his heart that beat for his family and friends gone. His last lopsided grin, or his last comforting hug he had given, all gone. A small trickle of blood fell from his lip and his face was scratched and bruised, all the evidence needed to prove the physical pain he had endured.

Aurora leapt out of her seat and pushed through the crowd that was in a state of panic as her eyes silently wept, and she tried to muffle her sobs as she reached the two boys on the grass. Harry collapsed onto her and dragged the girl down, wetting her hair with his tears and gripping her tightly, as if he would never let go. "It's okay Harry, i've got you now. You're safe." she murmured through her own streaking tears and shaking voice.

She pulled away from the hug a few minutes later, but as another small scream left her mouth as she watched the lifeless boy beside her, the Gryffindor knew she had to leave. Covering her mouth to stop herself sobbing again, she angrily pushed everyone out of the way, but not before Harry spoke again, his voice faltering with fear.

"He's back. Voldemort, he did this."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~