|19

˚◞♡  ⃗*ೃ༄

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐒𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃. She was sure she had heard Fred sleepwalking, or it could have been George. Whoever, they were grumbling and slamming into doors at an unusually fast pace. She had shrugged on one of Molly's homemade jumpers, and had at least tried with her makeup, despite it being a little smudgy with only her light source of a small candle.

She reached the door successfully tiptoeing, alert as an eagle for any sounds. The clock read 11:59 pm, and Aurora glanced outside at the black sky dubiously. She feared the Malfoy may not even arrive, and she had a pit on her stomach of worry. What could be important enough for him to need to tell her now, in the holidays?

There was a sudden tap at the window as she pulling her boots on, and taking a deep breath Aurora hesitantly opened the door and fell out into the midnight beyond. She stumbled right into Draco, and he only just caught her, making her scream.

"Draco! Merlin, i nearly fell." She hissed, grabbing onto his hand firmly to allow no more clumsiness from her side.  Draco had to bite his lip to stop his laughter at the angry girl, but his amusement disappeared as he regarded her stony face. She was clearly worried, and Draco didn't  blame her. He was rather pale himself.

Aurora caught sight of that and her eyes filled with worry as Draco slightly swayed on his feet. He swallowed nervously, and grabbed her hand with his own clammy one.

Just as he was about to speak, Aurora's eyes suddenly lit up with concern, her face drained of colour. "Draco." she spoke, dropping his hand like it was boiling hot.

"Your face."

Slowly, she reached out a shaking hand and gently stroked a finger against the dark bruise under the boy's right eye. She was shaking her head, eyes wide.

"Who did this to you, Draco?" She whispered, but it was clear both teenagers knew the answer.
When he didn't reply after a second, Aurora looked like she could burst from anger.

"I know he did this! Lucius, didn't he Draco. Tell me he did it, tell me." She hissed, and as his eyes slowly began to fill up with tears, she dropped her head into his chest, grabbing both of his hands.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry i wasn't there..."

The surreal scene of peacefulness was broken as the blonde remembered what he had come for, and carefully tilted Aurora's chin upwards so she was facing him, bracing himself for what he was about to tell her.

"I overheard something last
night. Something you need to know..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀? 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓?" Draco murmured as the dark haired girl began to shake.

"It can't be true, Draco. They're dead.
Dead. Dead." she repeated over and over. Maybe it would numb the pain, tricking  her mind into thinking nothing had changed. That she could go to her mother and father's graves like she did every day, and leave some bright flowers as an offering. Of course, those graves had to have been fake. All the money she had spent on those flowers...

"Aurora." His voice broke in again, and his tone was soft, trying to coax her into turning around, meeting his wary eyes. Not at all the Malfoy's usual strategy, but it was clear Aurora needed some comforting.

"Draco. I want to see them," She started suddenly, whipping her face around in the breeze and staring into his shocked face.

"I need to see them now. Not that an explanation will bring forgiveness though..." She muttered, frowning.

It was silent for a minute, the distance hooting of an owl being the only source of sound in the pitch black, until her tears came. Aurora hated crying, and especially around the Malfoy.
Had he even shed a tear before? It was questionable, and it made Aurora feel weak.

As she felt a familiar pair of arms around her, she gently tried to push them away, furiously wiping her eyes, but Draco's scent was too warm, too comforting, and she couldn't resist.

She slipped easily underneath his arms and Draco rested his chin or her shoulder, for the second time that night, letting out a sigh.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I'm going in to tell the Weasleys now." Aurora stumbled over her words in an attempt to get them out quickly, already leaving Draco's embrace as she scrambled toward the Burrow.

"Wait! What the hell are you doing!" Draco shouted after her, looking rather alarmed. "They're not going to want a Malfoy in their house, Aurora!"

"It's fine! Just follow me." She called back, running backwards to grab his hand and pulling them both towards the door.

As expected, when they entered through the kitchen Fred was sitting at the table, clearly awoken from his midnight wanders. If she could have taken a picture  of his face, she would have done as he regarded Draco, who shifted uncomfortably on his feet behind Aurora.

"Weasley." He hissed at Fred's shocked face, and Aurora face fell into a scowl as she gently hit him on the arm. "Be nice!"

She turned back to the boy at the table, who was looking like he had seen a ghost. "Fred, i cant explain everything later on, i promise. But i need your help. All of your help, actually." She breathed, glancing towards Molly who had just stumbled into the kitchen in a brightly knitted dressing gown.

She physically jumped at the sight of Draco, who was giving her a rather skeptical look. "What is he doing in my kitchen!" She screamed, flapping a tea towel at him in an attempt to usher him out the door.

"Molly, please listen!" Aurora pleaded, and to her delight, the chaos had caused the whole of the Weasley household to make their way to the kitchen, and they all had similar reactions to the tall blonde boy being in their house in the middle of the night. Draco was sending Ron a rather nasty death glare and Aurora hurriedly silenced everyone.

She explained the story of Draco overhearing about her parents, and by the end of it nearly everyone had agreed to join the plan which involved confronting them.

After a long hug from Molly and a few more tears shed, Aurora was back on her feet and prepared to do whatever she had to to find out the truth .