| 08

˚◞♡ ⃗*ೃ༄

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇, and it was like she was stuck in a cloud of misery. She would try to eat breakfast and do normal things; like getting out of bed on a morning and going to classes, but it was like she was trapped in another world, and she was sick of it.

Sick.
She was sick of the heavy depressing feeling that she felt like she was drowning in, all day everyday.

Her friends had tried to help her in any way they could, but Harry had decided it was best to leave her to mourn alone, only being there when she needed him.
Mrs Weasley had offered for Aurora to stay at the Burrow until Dumbledore found her a permanent placement, and she had no choice but to accept.

Grateful.
She was grateful, of course she was. Mrs Weasley was like a mother to her, but that was the problem. She didn't wanted another 'mother', she wanted her own. Her own mother, that despite not always being there throughout her childhood, had shared so many memories with Aurora, the precious things that one treasured in life. She was a shoulder to cry on, a warm pair of arms to hug, a knowing voice to comfort, and she missed it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐅𝐎𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃. He was worried for his secret best friend, that one day he hoped to be more to. He had watched her slowly break I've ethe last few weeks, and he felt like he couldn't do a single thing to stop it. Finally, he had come to term with his feelings about the Gryffindor, and one cold February night, when Blaise and Draco were sat in front of the fire in the Slytherin common room, staring into the flames, he had admitted it.

Draco fiddled with the silver ring, and turned his head to face his friend as Blaise's voice filled the silence of the room.
"Aurora. When are you going to tell her?"

Draco's expression dropped.

"Blaise? What are you on about?"

The tall boy beside him sighed. "It's so obvious, Draco. You like her. I mean, you didn't think we'd notice? The staring across the table at meals, the 'secret meetings' you have,"
He paused to glance at the blonde's face, and smirked as he saw his mouth open and a horrified look cross his face.

"Not the best time to do it though. Confess your feelings."

"I mean, her parents just passed, didn't they?" His hazel eyes grew sympathetic and he lowered his voice.
"Just be there for her, you know? She needs someone right now, and I can tell she trusts you."

Draco just nodded, still stunned at how Blaise knew everything. what was he, a fucking mind reader?

Honesty
In all honesty, Draco had been panicking over the past few weeks. How the hell did you deal with someone who was mourning their lost parents? He couldn't even talk to her during the day, in case her friends got suspicious, so they had to stick to their midnight chats in the Astronomy tower. They would usually consist of Draco desperately trying to calm Aurora down from her breakdowns, and she usually ended up in his arms. Even though he had no idea what he was doing, it normally worked, and Aurora would relax into his chest, and he would point out stars in the sky to distract her.

One of his problems, however, was Potter.
Harry fucking Potter! the 'Chosen One'. What was his obsession over Aurora? They were just friends, right? He tried desperately to convince himself he wasn't jealous, one day after Harry gave her his jacket one day after she was shivering in Herbology, when a sort of him wished she was wearing his jacket instead.

Anyway, that didn't matter, because he had a plan. He would ask Aurora to the Yule ball. It was still a few weeks away, and he hoped she would be in a better state by then. She needed something to take her mind off her parents, he thought. Aurora rarely came to classes anymore and her at breakfast was a rare sighting, which he missed their silent conversations and sneaky smiles  at terribly.

Deserve
The though that circled Draco's head constantly. He didn't think that he deserved Aurora Westwood. Why would he? All he'd been to everyone in his life was a dick. And Aurora was so- perfect. So kind, so accepting to everyone. He was taught by his father to be cruel to those underneath him from such a young age, and he regretted every second of his past actions.
Of course, he couldn't tell anyone this. He had to keep up his 'Malfoy' reputation, right? He had to keep bullying, picking, teasing those he always had. He dreaded to think of the consequences if one day he just 'changed.'
What would people say, how would people react, if he just said good morning to Granger one day? Smiled at a Weasley? Had a conversation with a Hufflepuff?

He pushed the thought out of his head like he always did, and raked a hand through his hair. He couldn't just change now, this aft into his life. He was who he was, and he had to accept that now. It was no one's but his own fault.

He glanced at the clock ticking quietly on the wall and upon seeing the hand at 12, he nodded slightly to Blaise, getting up off the green armchair he was rested on.

He was glad Blaise knew about Aurora, like a weight lifted off his shoulders.
One less person to hide their friendship from.

Blaise watched, a small smile spreading over his features as he watched his best friend leave the room with a spring on his step.

God, he was so in love.

this chapters still kind of sad (sorry hehe) but I feel like it showed lots of different people's perspectives and it was a bit of a different style of writing.
Also there was a pretty big part about Draco's feelings(!!!!!) which I thought was quite sad as well but important :(
Hope you enjoyed!
Please vote <3