43 - The Marauders

Today's chapter is a bit longer than a usual returners chapter. I really hope you enjoy it! Also please go check out my new marauder era fic called seventh year! <3

—————————————————————————

   Harry had left for a mission and Lily, James and Sirius went to visit Remus and Tonks for a bit of catching up later that evening. The three of them eventually reached a small house in the middle of a forest. Far from any muggle town and somewhat close to Grimmauld Place.

James, Sirius, Remus and Lily had known each other since their very first year at Hogwarts. James, Sirius and Remus were always causing chaos in the castle. Not to mention, every month they would embark on secret outings during the full moon.

Remus Lupin was a werewolf. To Remus's surprise, his friends didn't run away in fear when they found out. Instead, they stuck with him, and by their fifth year 3 of the 4 Marauders had successfully become Animagi.

James became a stag, Sirius became a dog and Peter Pettigrew became a rat to join Remus during his transformations. They even gave each other nicknames. James, Sirius, Remus and Peter became Prongs, Padfoot, Moony and Wormtail respectively.

Lily on the other hand was not very close with the Marauders at all at the time. In fact, she despised the group entirely up until their seventh year. James Potter fancied Lily Evans a lot at school. He would always ask her out and tease her, but what bothered her the most was that they loved to tease Lily's friend Severus Snape.

Lily and Snape were no longer friends after their fifth year, and from then on things were never the same. Lily noticed James had changed a lot during their seventh year. He was less of an arrogant jerk than before and not long after the two started dating.

Now you maybe wondering, Why would a group of friends this close need to catch up? After they graduated, Lily and James got married and went into hiding after learning that their one year old son, Harry, was being targeted.

Sirius Black convinced the Potters to change their secret keeper to Peter. After the switch, Peter sold their hiding place to the Dark Lord, and of course you know the story from there.

   Years after the Potter's deaths, Sirius and Remus had died, and again, Harry was alone. Or at least he thought he was.

   27 years after the death of the Potters, the dead started coming back to life. Those people included Sirius, Remus, Tonks and Lily and James themselves. The past few weeks had been strange for Lily and James. One minute they're in hiding, and the next they find out their son is now an adult and is responsible for the defeat of the Dark Lord.

   Like I had mentioned before, Harry left for a mission earlier that day, leaving his wife Ginny and his kids at home with Snape and his unexpected guest, while Lily, James and Sirius went to visit Remus and Tonks.

   The three of them walked up to the door of the small house. Lily reached out her arm and knocked on the red wooden door. They could hear footsteps coming closer from the other side, and not a moment the door opened. Remus stood in the now open doorway. He had light brown hair and large scars scattered across his face.

   James and Sirius sped past Remus with an excited look.

"Alright Moony where's the food?" asked James in a loud tone.

"Yeah, and where's the kid?" added Sirius just as loud. Remus and Lily made eye contact. Their faces turned red while they both tried to hold back laughter.

   Remus began to lead James and Sirius to the kitchen where there were several different foods laid out on the table. James and Sirius's eyes lit up with excitement.