45 - An Unusual Morning

Hi! I wanted to show more of my art since you guys seemed to really like it last time. Here's a Thestral for you!

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy the chapter! ————————————————————————

————————————————————————

   The next morning came. The air outside was cool and sunlight began to peek through the cracks between the curtains. Everyone inside the house was still fast asleep. Well, mostly everyone.

   Ginny was up late working on her article for the Daily Prophet, Lily, James and Sirius had returned home late from their visit to the Lupin's last night, and Snape was up late as well due to his unexpected visitor stopping by.

   Harry was still away for one more day for work. This meant the house was emptier than usual. Just by one.

   James Sirius and Albus Severus however, were wide awake. It wasn't normal to see them up first. However, since everyone else in the house had slept in, they were obviously up first.

   Their voices traveled to the bedroom not far from the living room. Snape sat up from the bed to the sound of their voices. He pulled the covers off of himself, sat up and promptly rubbed his eyes.

   Snape stood up from the bed. He pulled the covers up to make the bed. He began to walk over to the door leading out, but he froze before he got there. He turned and did something most peculiar. Something he hadn't done in his room at Grimmauld Place before.

   He opened the curtains.

   Light filled the previously dark room. Snape had become accustomed to the dark room he locked himself in for days. But today was different. Something sparked inside him. He glanced around the room. He watched as the light reflected nicely off the decor. It was almost relaxing to see.

   He made his way back to the door and opened it to see the two boys sat on the couch.

   The older boy, who Snape remembered was James Sirius, was holding a toy Golden Snitch in his hand. The toy Snitch was much smaller than a real Snitch. Snape rolled his eyes. 'Just like the other James.' Snape thought to himself.

   Beside James Sirius, was a small black haired boy. His eyes were a shade of bright green. Snape knew this was Albus Severus. Snape still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that their was a Potter named after him.

   Albus Severus had a soft fluffy blanket wrapped around him, and in his arms he was holding a stuffed animal owl as tight as his little arms could squeeze. He was the first to notice Snape emerging from the nearby bedroom.

   "G'morning." said Albus Severus. James Sirius glanced at the stairs. Expecting to see his mother or maybe even his Grandparents making their way downstairs to make breakfast. But nobody was there. He looked confused. Who was his brother talking to?

   Just then Albus Severus tapped James Sirius and pointed to Snape.

   "Al! Don't point! Mummy says that's rude!" James Sirius exclaimed in a whisper. "Sowwy." Albus Severus apologized. Snape snorted as he sat down in an armchair beside the couch the boys occupied and listened to their interesting conversations.

  It wasn't for another hour until someone else woke up. Ginny woke up to check on Lily Luna. She was still fast asleep. It was actually a miracle that she was. However, it was time to wake up. Ginny held Lily Luna and took care of all her needs.

   Ginny made her way downstairs. She noticed the bedroom that Snape usually occupied was open. She walked over the room and immediately noticed the open curtains. She glanced around the living room. She was alone. There was nobody in the kitchen, the dining room was empty and the couch in the living room was unoccupied.

   Ginny wondered. If Snape wasn't in his room. Where could he be? Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of voices coming from upstairs. Ginny followed the sound up the stairs. She made her way down the hall and noticed light coming from under the door to the boy's playroom. She grabbed the door knob and pushed the door open gently.

   Ginny's questions had suddenly been answered.

   The scene before her was strange. She saw her two sons James Sirius and Albus Severus sat on the floor with Snape. The three of them were sat around a toy cauldron. James Sirius and Albus Severus we're pretending to make a potion and teaching Snape how to make it.

   Snape was nodding his head, signaling that he understood. Ginny watched in amazement. This couldn't be real. She figured it would be best not to disturb them.

   She giggled and left them to finish. She shut the door behind her and made her way downstairs once again to start breakfast.