48 - Quidditch

hey!!! i've missed writing for returners so much. sorry it's not as often as it used to be... i've been so so so busy. anyways sorry if theres a lot of typos, i'm just trying to post this as soon as possible. <3
————————————————————————

Harry had been back for about a week already, and he hadn't heard about being assigned to any missions in the near future, so he made himself nice and comfy at home.

   Him and family really enjoyed their time spent together. Everything was running smoothly. Snape, James and Sirius were trying their very best not to hex each other every time they were within range of each other. Although you could tell it was not an easy task for any of them.

   Lily and James woke up to the sounds of pots and pans in the kitchen. They got up and made their way down expecting to see Harry or Ginny making breakfast. To their surprise, however, they saw Molly Weasley instead.

   "Molly? What are you doing here?" asked Lily. Molly gave a warm smile.

"Harry and Ginny asked me to watch the kids today while they're out." said Molly.

   "Oh. Where are they?" asked James. Molly went to grab plates and lay them out on the table.

   "At the pitch. They like to go and fly every once and a while. Ever since Ginny retired playing professional Quidditch, she couldn't go very long without flying. Harry can't either." answered Molly.

   Lily giggled a little bit. Harry was a lot like James.

   "Oh and that reminds me. They wanted me to ask you if you wanted to join them. They were going to go pick up Teddy after they're done at the pitch. Teddy stays with them pretty often before you know... his parents..." Molly struggled to find the right words.

   "Well- you know what I mean. Remus said Teddy kept asking when he go stay with Harry and Ginny again so they decided Teddy would stay here with them this weekend. Anyways, Harry and Ginny figured you two and Sirius would like to stop by as well." Molly finished explaining.

   "Oh yeah! That would be great!" Lily smiled excitedly. Molly smiled happily. Harry finally had his own parents again. It was a strange yet happy thought. Molly told them where the pitch was and James went to go wake up Sirius.

   James, Sirius and Lily all met outside the house and hid to apparate to the pitch. They turned on the spot and they suddenly they outside a large Quidditch pitch. Lily, James and Sirius were still a bit far from the pitch.

At first glance the pitch seemed empty, but as they looked they noticed Harry and Ginny standing alone in the middle of the pitch. Lily, James and Sirius began to walk toward the pitch.

   "You ready Gin?" asked Harry. Ginny gave a quick nod and she mounted her broom. Harry mounted his broom as well.

   "Alright. On the count of three." said Harry.

   Harry put on a glove and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a golden snitch and let go of it. He pulled off the glove and tossed it to the side. The snitch hovered in front of them.

   "One... Two... Three!" Harry counted. Suddenly the snitch took off and zoomed around the pitch.

   Lily, James and Sirius saw Harry and Ginny kick off the ground and fly at lightning speed. Harry and Ginny glanced across the pitch looking for the snitch. They both spotted the golden ball and the two of them began to chase after it.

   Ginny was quick. She could make keeping up with the snitch look like an easy task. She flew ahead of Harry.

   Suddenly, the snitch began to make sharp turns and gain speed. Harry seemed to lock onto the snitch. Harry got close enough to the golden ball when all of a sudden, the snitch dived down. Harry dived to follow it.

   Harry reached out his arm and caught the snitch mid dive. He felt the ball locked in his palm and quickly pulled up his broomstick to even out.

   Harry and Ginny began to lower back down to the ground. When they touched the ground they walked over to each other.

   "Not gonna lie, I was worried I wasn't gonna catch up to you." Harry told her as he placed the snitch back into his pocket.

"Shut up Mr. Youngest Gryffindor Seeker in a Century." Ginny laughed.

   "Oh stop it. You're a fantastic seeker, Gin." Harry smiled. Ginny laughed again as she got onto her tip toes to kiss him on the cheek.

   "Whatever, Potter." Ginny laughed.

   Lily, James and Sirius walked onto the pitch with shocked expressions.

   "Bloody hell, Harry! That snitch wasn't even in the air for 2 minutes!" James shouted in shock. He looked extremely proud of his son.

   "I told you he was good." said Sirius as he elbowed James's side. Lily smiled brightly.

   "Oh please, you wanna see good? You should see Ginny with a Quaffle." Harry told them.

Harry walked over to the trunk on the side of the pitch and picked up the large Quaffle from inside it.

   "Harry-" said Ginny as Harry tossed her the Quaffle.

   "Come on, Gin." said Harry. Ginny smiled at him and mounted her broom again.

She held the Quaffle under her arm and she flew to one side of the pitch. She began to fly towards the hoops on the other side. She hadn't even reached halfway across the pitch when she threw the Quaffle.

   The Quaffle flew across the other half of the of the pitch and straight into one of the hoops.

   Ginny lowered back down to the ground. Harry had the biggest and brightest smile on his face.

Harry was always amazed by Ginny's fantastic flying skills and was more and more proud of her everyday of their lives.