Chapter 20

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙋𝙊𝙑
I woke up dawn and walk around the capital. When I reach the gate, a Goguryeon guard. He saw me and he was about to bow.

"Don't bow." i ordered. He straighten his back and I offer my hand, "Where's the letter?" i asked. "There's no letter from the Queen regent, Your Majesty. She wants us to pick you up."

I raise my left eyebrow, "I'm going nowhere. Leave."

"But Your Maje--"

"LEAVE!" i raised my voice. He turn around and left.

"Yah, be careful." I widen my eyes turn around.

"Jinheung roam around here in this hour, be careful." Sooho reminded. I sigh in relied and nodded and walk closer to him, "I'm glad it's you." as we walk.

"Why is your guard here by the way?" he asked. "The Queen regent want me to come home."

"Why don't you?" He asked. "I promise myself to help Silla." He nodded, "For Jinheung?" he asked. "Not just Jinheung, but for all of the people here. They're worth to protect." i respond.

"You know what, I thought the Princess of Goguryeo is cruel." Sooho said as he scratch his head. "I also dream to marry a Princess." I choke on what he said. "You're kidding right?" i asked. He shook his head, "I dream to marry the Princess of Goguryeo." I sigh in disbelief and pursed my lips to refrain from laughing.

"But that was before. Now i dream to find my true love and to serve Silla."

"That's a nice dream." I commented. "You? What is your dream?" he asked. "Freedom."

"Why? Aren't you free?" I smiled bitterly and shook my head. "I want to love freely. I want to marry the man that I love."

"You can marry Jinheung. Jinheung wants to marry you badly." he chuckled. I smiled, "Me too. I want to marry him badly."

"So what are you waiting for?" he exclaimed. I chuckled, "You do know that I'm a born heir in my Kingdom, right?"

His smile disappeared, "You.. have your own Kingdom to rule too." he looks down. "I badly want to take down the throne, but I can't. The people, they need someone who will rule them wisely and that's my job as the new ruler of Goguryeo." I stopped walking and tears rolled on my cheeks.

"I really love your King, but there's a wall of reality blocking us. We can't be together." I hold my chest as Sooho hugged me. I broke the hug, "I don't want to hurt him." "When will you reveal yourself?" he asked.

"In the right time."

"What's your plan by the way?"

"I will defeat Baekje. I want my mother to step down. I will sit on my throne."

"That's a long journey. Don't worry, we will help you." he smiled at me and tap my shoulder. "The sun is now up, I need to go to the Hwarang House to get ready." I told him, "Okay, bye Your Majesty." he whispered and chuckled. I nodded and went to the Hwarang House.

The Hwarangs are on the battle ground, "Today, you will be battling by partner. Of course, you will use wooden swords. Let's start now."

I watch the Hwarangs battling and I can see their improvements. A smile was form on my lips. As they are done, I approached Jihun, "Jihun, can I talk to you?" he avoided eye contact with me and nodded.

We stand by the bridge, "I'm sorry for what happened yesterday." I bowed at him. He widen his eyes and force me to straighten my back, "You don't have to be sorry. I understand." he looks down. "But there's someone who wanted to ask your forgiveness." i said and he looks at me.