Chapter 25

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙋𝙊𝙑
The sunlight showed up and I saw Jinheung sleeping beside me. I tried to get up but i still feel the wounds.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Jinheung half asleep while helping me getting up. I chukled at his cute face, "I want to visit my mother."

He opened his eyes, "I need to tell you something."

I frown my eyebrows.

𝙃𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙤 𝙋𝙊𝙑
I prepared a breakfast to Seoi and got in to her room.

"Your mother was murdered." I accidentally eavesdrop their conversation with the King. I widen my eyes and dropped the food. "My.. sister." i covered my mouth.

Jinheung open the door, "Hwaso.." Tears was rolling down to my cheeks as I saw Seoi in deep shock. "I'm sorry for dropping the--"

"Take me to my mother." Seoi said as she got up. I nodded and Jinheung was helping her to walk.

I took her in to the Queen's room who was laying on her bed. Seoi got my arms, "It's alright to cry." she smiled at me. Jinheung left me with Seoi.

She sat on the edge of the bed, "I'm sorry, eommoni. I want you to rest in piece. I forgive you and I hope you forgive me." she kissed the Queen's forehead as her tears slid on her cheeks.

"Your Majesty." I calmed her down. "I have something to tell you." Seoi look at me in the eyes.

"She's my sister."

She frown her eyebrows, "What?"

"She treated me like no one because I was the daughter of her father's concubine. She told me to keep my mouth shut. She killed my mother. I don't want to beg her to take me but instead the King offered me this job a a young age. It is also my best way to keep you safe like I promise to the King." I look at her with some teary eyes.

"Hwaso.." she stands up and cup my face, "I'm sorry, Your Majesty. I lied." I look down. "No, I understand. You don't deserve to treat like a servant. I will make you a court lady, Hwaso." She smiled at me. "You really don't have to do that, Your Majesty."

"I will, once I will sit on my throne." she hugged me. "So what should I call you? Court Lady Hwaso?" she chuckled. "Stop it, Your Majesty. Are your wounds getting better?" I asked and she nodded. "Let's eat breakfast with the boys." She said as we exit the room.

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙋𝙊𝙑
We all sat on the chairs as my servants placing the foods. "Are you doing good,  Seoi?" Sunwoo asked. "Trying my best to be good." I smiled bitterly. "Sorry for your lost." Banryu bowed. I nodded and look at Jinheung, "When are you guys going back to Silla?" I asked.

"After we eat breakfast. We still got a lot to do back home." Jinheung said. "When will you be crown?" Sooho asked. "Next week, I guess."

"Indeed, Your Majesty." Hwaso respond.

....

"Are you really going home?" I asked Jinheung while the boys was getting ready. "I'll see you soon, my Queen." he kissed my forehead as he mount up on his horse and ride off.

"Princess, does he knew?" Hwaso asked.

"He will, soon. That we can't be together." I turn my back and goes inside my room.  I change myself into a royal white hanbok for my mother's funeral. The servants did my hair.

The funeral was held and the servants were crying. "Indeed she's a good Queen. But she changes when my father died. She became greedy on the throne. I forgive you, Mother."

The funeral has done and Hwaso hold my arms. "I'll help you walk, Your Majesty. Soon to be Her Highness." Hwaso chukled.

....
𝙅𝙞𝙣𝙝𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙜 𝙋𝙊𝙑
After 2 days of traveling, we already got in to the capital.