Chapter 10 - This is something only I can do

"Itsuki! ITSUKI!" Someone yells.

"Argh..." Itsuki moans.

The last thing he remembers is being hit unconscious and falling to the ground. Goodness knows how long he had been lying here for.

"Itsuki, are you alright?" another voice asks as Itsuki's vision starts to become clear.

Damn it! It must have been Kohane who hit me unconscious!

Professor Mars, Erika, and Saki are crouched down beside him. They all have a concerned expression on their face.

"Brother, what happened?" Erika asks as she takes Itsuki's hand to help him up.

Itsuki rubs the back of his head and groans.

"Where's Kohane?" the professor questions. "We thought she was with you. We can't set the next phase of the plan into motion without the two of you together."

Kohane...

"Kohane!" Itsuki suddenly yells, startling the three.

"Itsuki, what's wrong?" Saki asks. But Itsuki shrugs their grips off him.

He starts running in the direction of the central city.

"Itsuki! Where are you going?" Professor Mars calls after him.

"I need to find Kohane! Something tells me she's in danger! I think she's gone to find the CEO!" He answers without turning back.

He breaks into a sprint before launching his Cyberarmor and speeds his way off into the distance.

The professor and the girls watch as Itsuki gradually disappears from their sight.

...

Kohane spots the demolition robot below her as it rampages its way towards the central city.

Alright! I've found him!

She swoops in and lands on the robot's head before trying to steady herself. She then grips onto the surface tightly to avoid falling off.

"It doesn't look like it'll stop any time soon," Kohane tells herself aloud. She carefully edges her way to the front of the robot's head.

Sure enough, sitting in the cockpit is a very terrified-looking Mr. Samsford. The red lights are still flashing on the interior, and the whole robot vibrates as it plows through the earth with its strong metallic arms and legs.

Kohane bangs on the window to get the CEO's attention.

Upon hearing the noise, he looks out the window at Kohane, and for the first time ever, Kohane sees a mixture of hope and fear in his pleading eyes.

To see Mr. Samsford looking like this means that these are desperate times indeed.

Kohane makes her way straight above the cockpit to where the emergency exit is.

She grips onto the handle and tugs at it with all her might.

After several attempts, the circular door finally swings open. Kohane then emerges her head into the cockpit.

"Hey! It's me!" She yells inside. "Grab my hand!"

She offers the CEO her metallic hand and he grabs it as the young robot pulls the middle-aged man to the surface.

A sudden breeze blows at them, messing up their hair as the afternoon begins to set in.

"W-why are you even here?" Mr. Samsford stammers as the two find their balance atop of the large robot.