"OH MY GOD! WHAT THE-"

Herc started awake. Who was screaming?

Then he realized that Laf was hugging him, still asleep, and his hands were tangled in Laf's hair, and...and...

And Angelica was standing in the doorway of the bedroom.

"Angie, it's not what it looks like."

"Yeah, I bet it's not."

"Angelica, he wanted me to stay."

"Uh-huh. Sure."

"Angelica, he was trying to KILL HIMSELF!" Hercules was shouting without realizing it.

Angelica stood silently, her eyes switching from one man to the other. Laf was just waking up. Then she saw the charging cord hanging from the ceiling and put her hand over her mouth.

"Bonjour, Angelica," Laf murmured sleepily. "Uh, what are you doing here?"

Then he yawned and Hercules' heart melted. He yawned like an adorable kitten.

"Hercules, would you come with me to the kitchen?" Angelica asked quietly.

Reluctantly, Hercules got out of bed and walked away. Laf watched him as he went.

Angelica was sitting at the kitchen table. She looked gorgeous, but prim and upset.

"Hercules," she said, putting one of her hands on top of his. "I think you're a great, aggressive, intelligent guy. But I don't think we should be together anymore. We both love other people."

Herc coughed nervously. "What are you talking about?"

"You love Lafayette. It's kind of obvious. And he loves you, even if he doesn't know it yet. I don't want to be the person in the way of that."

Herc was silent, but then, without acknowledging the last thing Angelica had said, he asked, "Who do you love?"

Angelica smiled a soft smile at her hands. "Thomas Jefferson."

"Oh," was all Hercules could say. He had never seen Angelica smile like that, but really? Sassy mac'n'cheese?

"I just don't think this is going anywhere, no offense. So I'd like to see what happens with you and Laf and meanwhile step aside and try other relationships. I'm sorry if this hurts you, Hercules."

"Thanks," was all Herc could say as Angelica gave him a sad smile, stood and walked away.

Laf appeared then in a T-shirt and jeans, stretching. "What was that all about?" he asked.

"Uh, Angelica just told me she's in love with sassy macaroni."

"Merde. I'm sorry, mon ami." Laf sat down and put a hand on Hercules' shoulder. There was that burning feeling again.

You love Lafayette. It's kind of obvious.

"No, it's okay."

"And hey, Hercules?"

"Yeah, Laf?"

"Thanks for staying last night. It meant a lot."

"No problem. So now can I go kill James Reynolds?"

"Mon ami, please. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Oh don't worry. James doesn't stand a chance."

"Mon ami-" Laf repeated, but Hercules was already gone.

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

ED :)