17

Ack second to last chapter! (And yes I have had the entire story written for a few weeks)

The plane landed and Laf yawned and stretched. He had fallen back asleep, since he had woken up at 3:30 in the morning.

"Come on, your sister's neighbor texted me the address of the hospital. We have to rent a car," Hercules said, checking his phone.

"Kay, coming, mon amour."

*AFTER THEY RENTED A CAR BC NO ONE WANTS TO READ THAT BORING STUFF*

"Herc, other side!"

"Sorry!" Hercules swerved.

Laf seemed silent for a while and Hercules asked him, "What's wrong?"

"I'm having an internal conflict," Laf admitted.

"What's that?"

"I'm wondering if I should really be here for my sister. If she deserves it."

"Why do you think that?" Herc asked.

Laf relayed his memory to Hercules. His boyfriend's mouth was tight and his hands gripped the steering wheel. To the normally calm Irishman, this was like screaming in frustration.

"I hate it. I absolutely hate that she did that to you. But I swear she'll never lay a finger on you while I'm here, and just think. Her father and mother are dead. Her husband's in Shanghai for a year. All of your other siblings are gone or far away. She doesn't have anybody but you. She needs your help, Laf. Will you help her?"

"Of course, mon amour," Laf said as they pulled up to the hospital.

They were directed to Marie's room. When they entered, it was a pitiful sight. Marie lay, thin, on the bed. A baby lay in her arms. Her eyes smiled when they entered, but her lips did not.

Short chapter

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed

ED :)