TWELVE

chapter twelve: BUSTED

For the past few days at school, Miyeon was alone

Alone as in she's going to have to find a way on how to deal with Stray Kids on her own. Nari wasn't by her side at the moment as she's currently suspended from school after her little fight with the three girls. Which everyone was shocked by the way — Seoyeon? The girl who seems smart, nice, and the best student in their eyes, suspended? Everyone just suspected it was self defense (which is was) as those girls that cornered Seoyeon were known as the bad kids.

With Lisa being a second year, Sora being absent today and Nayoung busy with class activities, Miyeon was alone.

What do I do if one of them approaches me? Even worse, all of them? Miyeon fiddles with the hem of her uniform as she walks down the hall, watching out for her surroundings. Taking deep breaths in and out, she finally calmed down. There's nothing to worry about. I haven't seen Chan, Minho and Changbin all morning. They're probably out skipping or something. I shouldn't worry. If I want to be apart of this family, I have to show everyone what I can do. I need to stop being scared—

"Miyeon!"

Jumping, Miyeon slowly looks over at the owner of the voice to find Chan, Minho and Changbin walking up to her. Chan had a smile on his face while Minho adverted his eyes away and Changbin had a serious look on.

Are you serious—

Miyeon nervously smiles, stopping in the middle of the hall once the three boys stopped, standing in her way. Avoiding to make eye contact because to be honest — who would look at them straight in their knows knowing they kill on their free time and do illegal stuff? Mustering up the courage to look Chan in the eyes, Chan looked somewhat satisfied as he doesn't say anything.

With the awkward silence going on, Miyeon took it as her invitation to leave since they weren't saying anything. Minho quickly caught on once she walked pass him as he grabs her arm and yanks her back to where she previously was — an annoyed look on her face. "What?!"

"We weren't done," Chan calmly replies making Miyeon scoff.

"Done with that? Our staring contest?" Scoffing again, Changbin clicks his tongue as Chan couldn't help but smile at her mood change. First she was all awkward and quiet and now she's feisty.

"I was going to ask if you could help me out with my project. You know, the math one? My partner is in the hospital and I heard you're the best at math." Chan asked, which of course, Miyeon's answer was definitely a no. "Why not? It's just a couple of hours after school in the library."

"I don't know, I'm busy..." Miyeon trails off, debating if she should help him or not. I mean, it's in school so he can't try anything. If he were to say his house or anything I'd definitely say no, so I guess it's fine? But he's the enemy, I shouldn't trust him...