THIRTEEN

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇: THE ACT

Ever since Stray Kids had confirmed (officially) that Seoyeon was Nari, they started paying extra attention to the second year

Ever since Stray Kids had confirmed (officially) that Seoyeon was Nari, they started paying extra attention to the second year. It was Wednesday, also the day Nari finally returned back to school. Walking down the hall, Seoyeon appeared different. Her hair was down — but her glasses remained which surprised some people considering her hair has always been up in a pony tail. Other than that, she was the same.

"You're finally back?" Miyeon happily asks the obvious as Nari was clearly in front of her. "About time! We have stuff to catch up on!" Wrapping an arm around Nari's, Miyeon drags her away before the first period bell could ring, Nari not failing to notice the pair of eyes watching them from afar.

-

Lunch time came around for the second years and instead of eating lunch (which Nari usually doesn't even eat at school), she goes to the roof to get her thoughts straight as that's where she likes to go to. During her one week suspension, she had a talk with her father as he ordered her to not be like her mother and to get with the mission right away. So with that one week, she tried to prepare a plan to which she scrapped all the ideas. Which was why she was going to the roof in hopes to get them cleared.

But what Nari didn't expect to happen was ten minutes after sitting herself on the bench up on the roof, looking up at the sky deep in her thoughts, were two familiar heads appearing out of no where causing Nari to have a stoic expression.

"Seoyeon!" Jisung chirps, Felix besides him smiling wide which earned no reaction from the girl.

"Why are you talking to me like we're friends?" Nari questions, sinking down on the bench as the two boys stood in front of her.

"Nothing, we saw you here so we figured we'd hang with you! Hyunjin is out somewhere and Seungmin's in the library being a nerd." Felix answers.

"Don't you guys got a mission to do or something? Go do that instead," as Nari said that, both Jisung and Felix's eyes widen a bit as they looked at each other surprised, wondering how she even knew about it. Just as they were about to confirm she was definitely the one since she knew somehow, Nari quickly adds, "Chan told me about it back at the festival. Just in case you guys were wondering."

"Chan told her our mission?" Jisung whispers to Felix, who replied with a shrug.

"You know, I don't really care about all this gang stuff or what you guys do, but I always wonder: you boys are open about what you guys do and basically everyone in the school knows who you guys are and what you do. How are you not caught yet by the police or something?" Nari questions, genuinely curious. Felix and Jisung make eye contact with each other, confused as they process what the girl had asked them.

"What're you talking about?" Jisung asks.

"The whole school knows that we're in a gang?"

"Uh, yeah? Why else do everyone in this school avoid talking to you guys and are basically scared?" Man, what are up with these boys? Surely they couldn't be that blind to not notice the whispers and stares they get from everyone whenever they walk around the school.

"Oh! Changbin and Minho mentioned this before," Jisung muttered to Felix. He then spoke up loud enough for Nari to hear. "You probably misunderstood. Like you said, if everyone knew, we would've most likely not be here by now. No one knows who we are or what we do. Actually, everyone thinks they're all rumors. Which explains why people are scared to approach and talk to us." Felix explains, snapping his fingers as he finished explaining.

"Yeah, and I don't know why Chan even told you about it, but since you're kind of aware with what we do, maybe you can help us find some one we've been struggling to find." Jisung offers making Nari mentally laugh, little did they know the person they've been struggling to find is standing right in front of them.

"Are you even allowed to do that? Asking a random person to help, I mean. Aren't you afraid I might report you?" Nari tries them, watching the boys grin. Which immediately drops when Nari spoke again. "Unless, is this part of your plan? You think I'm the one you guys are trying to find? Sorry, hate to break it to you, but I'm not the one. I even told Chan he got the wrong chick." Nari sat up on the bench as she shrugs. The boys just stared at her dumbfounded. "But, I will tell you this, since you guys apparently need help. I overheard this third year talking to someone on the phone related to gang stuff — not so sure. But it sounded like she was targeting someone here. And you guys are apparently targeting someone here as well so you put the pieces together."

"She?" Felix repeats, Nari looking over at the red head. "Is her name Miyeon by any chance?"

"Yeah, it went something like that."

"But isn't she your friend?" Jisung questions, his face looked serious which totally wasn't how it looked like when he first showed up.

"A friend of a friend," Nari replies, getting up and grabbing her bag. "Anyways, that should be something to tell your leader. Bells about to ring, I'm out."

"And why should we believe any of that?" Jisung suddenly calls out before Nari could exit. Slightly looking back over her shoulder, she smiles a bit before opening the door to exit.

"Believe what you want, I just wanted to help out a bit," waving off, Nari finally exits, leaving the two alone on the rooftop.

"Dang, her acting is so good to the point where she just gave her friend away," Felix tells Jisung whose eyes didn't leave the door not once ever since Seoyeon had exit through it.

Nari on the other hand heard that, as she had her hand on the knob from the other side, just now releasing it. Letting out a tch, she walks away. She then just realized as she thought back to her conversation with the two, that she was definitely out of character.

But then again, it was fine as she didn't need to keep up this act any longer.

authors note:

i'm wrapping this story up so sorry if stuff starts not
making sense