[Deleted Chapter #1]

Prologue
(It didn't make the cut ofc)

There was a skip in her step as she roamed the halls of Inarizaki. It was much different from her junior high, Chidoriyama, back in Miyagi. The halls weren't filled like junior high, everyone seem to crowd at the gym.

She had managed to weave through the crowd, finding that everyone was looking at some of the volleyball boys who were practicing, not so much the other boys in the gym who played basketball or any other sport. The girl was (shorter height than usual), her (h/c) hair in a(n) (hairstyle). Though there was a smile on her face, hers wasn't for the same reason as the others.

She had passed the doorways of the gym, grabbing a volleyball from a ball basket that sat near by when she was stopped by a male with light gray hair and dark tips.
"You play?" His voice was deep.
She nodded, "Mhm."
"Can you set?"
She replied with the same answer as before, "Mhm."

"I'm Kita Shinsuke, second year." The male introduced as he led the girl to an open net.
"(L/N) (Y/N), nice to meet you Kita-Senpai~" the girl followed him.
The male stood at the attack line, "A first year?"
"Mhm!" She threw the ball up, waiting for it to drop down to her. Her hands were up, with a diamond shape formed by her index fingers and thumbs. Using those fingers, plus her middle fingers, she set the ball to where the male was running towards.

"Nice set," Kita complimented as he landed. The ball dropped mid-court. "I have two friends I want you to meet. Atsumu, Osamu!"

Two boys made there way over. They were twins.

"Who's she?" One of them asked, his hair was dyed blond but his natural hair color showed on the sides.
Kita took the ball from the other male's hands and placed it in hers, "This is (L/N), she's in your grade."
"Does she play volleyball?" The twin with dark grey hair asked.
"Yup," Kita nodded, "She's an excellent setter."
"I, uh, play wing spiker..mainly opposite though." The girl mumbled.
"Great! This is Osamu, the one with grey hair. He's our opposite." Kita introduced. "The blond is Atsumu."

"Hiya."
"Hey."

(Y/N) nodded, "Nice to meet you both."

- - -

Miya Osamu couldn't get the girl out of his head. He didn't normally care for females unless they were important to him; like his mom. At break, he hunted down the girl.

"College preparation class," Osamu sat next to her. "Smart, are we?"
The girl shrugged, "Are you saying you aren't?"
"Are you saying I'm not?"

The two laughed.

The week went by with the two hanging around each other during breaks. (L/N) had joined the pep club so she could cheer him on as she found out he played volleyball.

"You know you're my only friend right?" She said one day.
"That would make me your best friend," Osamu joked as he threw her another volleyball for her to set to him.
(Y/N) smiled, "I like the sound of that. Best friends?"
"You make it sound cliche, are you sure you aren't actually 'Tsumu?"
"Just agree, Osamu!" She yelled, throwing the ball at his face at full speed.

"Fine! Best friends!"
"Yay!"