Being a Guardian

Hi!! Kat here :) before this story starts, I just want to say the POV's will switch every chapter!! I feel like that will make it more interesting. Also, I will try to update it every day and make each chapter a good length! I really hope you enjoy this story :) also, i put music at the top of each video so you can vibe while reading!

-Izuku's Pov-

5:32 a.m., Monday Morning

I was sitting in my bed, my mind going blank. Mr. Aizawa told me that he needed me to wake up around five, because he wished to have a word with me at six. I ended up finished everything within thirty minutes, leaving me to sit around for another half an hour and do nothing. That time, I thought of almost everything. What Mr. Aizawa wanted to talk about, how much longer it would be until I'd find out, so on and so forth. Before I knew it, the time had reached 5:45. It takes an average of 5-10 minutes to walk to U.A. (time is added to walk to your classroom). So, I decided to go ahead and leave. It's took me seven minutes until I reached class 1-A, and there my teacher was sitting in the seat next to mine.

"Come over here Midoriya." He clearly spoke without making any eye contact. I walked over to him, trembling in my sneakers. "You don't have to worry, you're not in trouble or anything." Even after he said that, I continued to shake uncontrollably. He simply let out a long sigh and spat it all out. "Remember when you rescued Eri about a little less than a week ago." Since I was too intimidated to speak out, I gave a nod. "So basically there's nowhere she can really stay. Her father is deceased, her mother abandoned her, and her grandfather is currently in a very bad position. None of the teachers here can handle being a parent, because all of us hardly know her, and we all have a lot of weight on our shoulders. So, we think you'd be best at being a guardian, or even a father-figure to Eri." He paused for a hot second to allow me to sink that in. "You'll be allowed to chose a partner to help you, since taking care of a child is a lot of work. However, don't just blindly chose." His voice became more harsh and strict. "You have to make sure Eri feels comfortable with this person, and can trust them as if they're a parent. I'll allow you to take a week once Eri arrives here. When she does, she'll be sleeping in your bedroom. Before she arrives, make sure to buy some essential things for her such as a hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, just don't buy any clothes. She already has two casual outfits, and we think it would be best if she chose out the clothes she liked so she could feel welcome and comfortable. We also think it's be best if she slept in your bed with you, because were not sure if we can cram another bed in your room, unless we make one that's just right for her. However, that'll take a bit of time. Probably four days at the most. So, it's easier if we go with the first idea." Once again, he paused for a few seconds. "I'll allow you to think about this for a little while, make sure you give me an answer by the end of the school day."

"Yes sir." We both got up, and he dismissed me until class had started, which was 8:25 (meaning I'd have to leave the dorms at 8:10), giving me a good bit of time. To help it pass further, I had some breakfast and studied over my notes. And before I knew it, it was 8:00.

I left my room, already fully prepared for the school day. I saw Iida in the common area, not even dressed yet. He was finishing up a granola bar as he noticed me making my way over to him.

"Good morning Midoriya! You're up earlier than usual." He greeted me, doing his usual robotic arms. "It's a shock, but it's adequate behavior for a student of UA!"

"Hah, yea.." I let out a laugh, thinking about what Mr. Aizawa said to me earlier that morning. "It'll be a good reputation for me if I arrive to class early. However, I think it's still a bit too early to leave." I began to mumble the last few words under my breath. However, the class representative could still hear my whispers.

"Nonsense! It is never too early for a student to arrive at their classes! Well... kind of." He began to quiet down, realizing it is technically possible, meanwhile I just laughed at his seriousness.

"You're so serious all the time, you should loosen up!" I recommended to him, nudging him with my elbow. He chuckled it off.

"I guess so.." there was a short awkward silence. "I'm going to go get my uniform on, wait here for me!" He playfully smiled, and I nodded in return. After a few short minutes, he arrived.

"Do you maybe want to wait for Uraraka?" He paused, thinking about my question.

"I haven't seen her yet, so it'd probably take her a while to get up and ready. It would be best and responsible of us if we went ahead and left as of now."

"You're right.." I said with a small frown, my tone of voice changing into a lower, more quiet one.

"Why? Is something up?" I shot up, a light shade of pink spreading from my left cheek, over my nose bridge, to the cheek on my right. Almost instantly, I responded as my words stumbled from one into the next.

"Gah! What do you mean is something up? Well nothing is up at all I was just wondering because I thought it'd be nice and fun I guess if she tagged along-" my rambling was cut off by Iida, who asked a sudden question.

"Midoriya..." I tilted my head slightly, raising my right eyebrow. "Is there a chance you like Uraraka?" My eyes widened, and I covered my blush with my hands over my face.

"...maybe..." instead of acting all shocked, he just gave me a sweet grin.

"Well, that's not a shock." I released my hands from my face, slightly confused. However, I didn't question him and shrugged it off, allowing him to finish off what he was going to say. "Let's head to our homeroom now!"

Before I knew it, the school day had ended, and it was 3:20 p.m., which was when I had to decide whether or not I wanted to be a guardian to Eri. While everyone left the classroom, I stayed behind and went up to Mr. Aizawa.

"Have you decided yet Midoriya." He drowsily said, looking half asleep.

"Yes. I will be a guardian for Eri."

Woohoooo first chapter is done!! Hope you enjoyed it and look forward to another one tomorrow! -kat

Word count: 1183 words