Candy Apples

-Uraraka's POV-

3:18pm, Friday

It was the end of the day before the weekend began, and everyone was on the edge of their seats, eagerly waiting to be dismissed. However, Mr. Aizawa wanted to make an important announcement before the final bell.

"Listen," he began in his scratchy voice. "do you guys remember me telling you about Eri?" I began to think back of the little girl, and the awful condition she was in the last time I had seen her. We all nodded our heads, a sick feeling going to my stomach just thinking about what the child had went through in the past. "Well, she doesn't have any place to stay besides here. So, she's arriving tomorrow morning. For now, she'll be in the same dormitory as you guys, Class 1-A. When she arrives, I expect for you to give her all your respect and do not use any vulgar language around her, understand." He finished his sentence off with an eerie feel, shooting his eye towards Bakugo. The whole class responded with a simple "yes sir", and he dismissed us all back to the dorms. Just like always, I walked back with Iida and Deku.

"Aren't you guys excited to see Eri?" I questioned them, specifically examining the emerald eyed boy.

"O-Oh! Um... yeah..! I-I-I'm excited to s-see her again..! W-What about you Iida?" Deku waves his hands in front of me, attempting to cover up his face, which had turned from pale to crimson in a matter of seconds. Confused, I switched my eyes over to the taller boy.

"Yes, I'm excited to be able to meet her in person and I hope to treat her as well as I can!" As usual, Iida did is robotic arms, however he didn't wave them around this time. Deku and I nodded in sync just to let Iida know we agree with him. Other than that, we just talked about random things. How our family is doing, how we're doing in school, just whatever came to our minds until we reached the dormitory, and went our separate ways. I walked over to Tsu, and we talked about the weekend rising ahead of us.

We sat there for quite a while, until everyone had already went in for the night.

"I'm so excited to see Eri!!!" I squealed out of nowhere, clutching onto her hands while she let a cute smile out.

"Me too, I'm elated that she's okay and I get to meet her soon." We giggled for a quick second, until the emerald haired girl asked me an unusual question. "What's some things that Eri likes?" I began to think back to when we rescued her, and what she told me about herself.

"Well, she really has a sweet tooth, and her favorite food is apples. I'm pretty sure her favorite color is red, and..." my trail of thought ended when a lightbulb appeared. "Ooo! I have an idea! We should make a batch of candy apples not only for Eri, but for the class!" Tsuyu's eyes lit up in inspiration.

"That sounds wonderful, ribbit!! I'm pretty sure we have all the supplies in the kitchen. All we would really need is apples, white sugar, water, food coloring, and light corn syrup!" Before anything, we looked online for a recipe, and searched the kitchen to see if we had all of the ingredients. And lucky for us, we had everything we needed. While we were getting out all of the ingredients, Deku came out of nowhere.

"Hey you two!" He waved, brightening up the room. "What are you two doing?" He walked over to me, and peered on the countertop, causing for my coral cheeks to turn fuchsia.

"O-Oh hey Deku! Tsu and I are making candy apples for Eri!" He smiled a bit bigger, admiring our simple idea.

"Oh, that's nice!! Eri loves apples, so I bet she'll be super happy!!" The jade eyed boy exclaimed.

"Yeah!! Uh... do you wanna help us..?" I asked, butterflies forming in my stomach from his bright expression.

"I'd love to! Are you using a recipe or making them from scratch?"

"We have a recipe," Tsu commented, and he turned to face her. "here it is." she handed him her phone, where he saw the instructions. And just like that, we got to cooking. Although we messed up a few times, it was a lot of fun. We even got to get closer to each other, which made me happy to learn more about Deku. However, while we were waiting for the apples to finish, I noticed how exhausted the frog user seemed.

"Hey Tsu, are you okay? You keep yawning and rubbing your eyes.." I pointed out.

"Oh yea... I'm getting pretty sleepy. It's been a long day for us, ribbit." Deku and I agreed with her by giving her a simple nod in response. "I think I'm gonna go over to the couch so I can rest my eyes for a bit, make sure to wake me up when they apples are all done!" She finished her sentence by walking over to the common area, leaving Deku and I alone. This situation didn't only make things awkward, but it cause for the ends of one ear to the other to turn red for the both of us.

"Well uh... have you had a candy apple b-before..?" He muttered. I placed my index finger in my cheek, thinking for a few seconds. Then, I shook my head with a smile.

"Have you?" While I was asking him, I noticed Tsu in the back, winking and giving a thumbs up with her cute and innocent smile on her face. Dammit Asui!!! I thought to myself, turning crimson and covering up my face.

"I'm pretty sure I have when I was youn- hey Uraraka are you okay?!" I uncovered my face halfway, realizing I ended up making myself float.

"Gah!! I'm sorry Deku I floated, I-I'll get down now!!" He stared at me with a look of concern, biting his bottom lip.

"If you fall from that rate, you'll probably hurt yourself.. I-I'll catch you!" He explained, holding his arms out. Just the thought of him holding me in his arms made me crazy inside, but I gave up and agreed with him.

"O-Okay... I'm gonna release myself now..." I said, placing my fingers together, and falling down. I squinted my eyes shut, and held my hands in fists, nervous for what the outcome could've been. I opened them up to see Deku holding me in a bridal style, gazing into my chestnut eyes. The two of us began to shake and blush, then he let me down gently. We stood in an awkward silence for about a minute, until I turned my head over to him. She was fidgeting with his hands and his head was facing down to the floor, a nervous frown on him face while his hair covered up his eyes. I don't have a clue what wave washed over me, but I gradually walked over to him, then gave him a long hug as a thank you gift. His head shot up, and his eyes widened. However, he surrendered and sunk into the hug with me.

"Thank you Deku.." I felt his hot breath on my russet hair as he patted it.

"You're welcome Uraraka.." We released from the hug, however we didn't jump five feet apart from each over and hover our palms over our cheeks. Instead, we kept our hands on each other's shoulders, smiled, then separated ourselves from touching. "Oh shoot!! It's already 10:36!!" Deku exclaimed, checking his phone. "We should head in for the night and sit the apples in the fridge or something. Goodnight Uraraka!"

"Goodnight!" We waves to each other, and went our separate ways for that night. However, while I was about to enter my room, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I whipped around and saw Tsuyu with a look of curiosity on her face.

"Hey Ochaco, I have a question..." I tilted my head, not having a clue of what she could be wondering of. "Remember a while ago when all the girls were in the common area and everyone kept asking who you liked?" My mind flashed back to the harnessing moment, and I shot my eyes to the right, avoiding eye contact for a quick second.

"Yeah... I hated that."

"Well," she placed her index finger on her cheek. "by any chance do you like Midoriya?" I shot up in embarrassment, but I knew she would've found out sooner or later.

"Yeah..."

"Oh alright, I was just wondering. Goodnight Ochaco!" She left me with a cheery wave, while I waved back. I slammed my door, keeping my lights turned off and I plopped down on my bed.

"Jeez, I really like Deku, don't I..?"

word count: 1497 words!