Late Nights

-Uraraka's POV-

6:34pm, Sunday

"Hey Uraraka?" Deku came up to me with Eri holding onto his hand lightly. I was in the middle of cutting up an apple, until I turned to face them, stopping while in the middle of my action.

"Hi you two!! What's up?" I asked, finishing to cut up the apple.

"Well, we were wondering if you maybe wanted to take a walk on the beach since it's really nice out tonight. And also, Eri was wondering something." He turned his head down to her, and squat down to the child's level. She looked down, flustered.

"...Can I call you mama..?" My face became beet red, and my heart fluttered, skipping a beat due to how pure and adorable she was.

"Of course you can Eri! And I'd love to go with you guys. Were you about to leave?" Eri nodded proudly.

"Yea! I guess you can leave your apple here." I nodded, and put up the apple cutting tool.

"Let's go!!" I walked off, Eri wrapping her fingers around mine with her unoccupied hand. While we made our way there, I began to ask Eri some things about herself. "Hey Eri, have you ever been to the beach?" She thought for a quick second, then managed to respond.

"No... but I've been told what it's like and I've seen pictures of it. I may have went to a beach when I was a baby, but I don't remember going." My heart melted for the small child. It made me realize how awful of a childhood she's had so far. However, that just made me determined to make it so she has the best time of her life living at the U.A. dorms.

"Well I bet you'll love it!! We can play in the water, make sand castles..." I trailed off while her eyes shined with fascination.

"Really?!" I nodded my head, my heart feeling filled with joy.

After a little while longer of walking and sparring, we arrived at our destination. Eri had an open mouthed smile, and began to run around in the sand.

"It's so soft and nice!!" She plopped down, and I noticed she had a cover up on, and underneath she was wearing a one piece bathing suit. I looked over to Deku, and the two of us made our way to the fragile girl.

"Do you wanna play in the water Eri? Or what do you wanna do?" I bent over, smiling at her.

"Can we make one of the castles that you mentioned?" I nodded. "Can you two help me?"

"Of course we can!" Deku smiled. We sat down with Eri, and got to making the base. "First, we should make a square. How big do you want it?" She made a squad shape with her arms, however it was unclear to tell what she wanted. But, that didn't stop us. The three of us began to make a square that size, and once was done we all cheered in victory. "Alright," Deku started up. "Let's make watchtowers!" We began to make them, along with the finishing touches. Eri found some sticks, and placed them on the four watchtowers on the corners of our castle. Then, we dug a circle around it to put water in. Eri grabbed more sticks as a bridge, while Deku and I dug out the center. When Eri saw it, she was filled with even more excitement. She stomped in the center, and placed her hands on her hips. Deku and I giggled at the pure child, and then we just sat and chatted around our creation. The three of us glanced over to the blinding sunlight, and realized how late it was getting.

"We should get heading back... it's starting to get late." Eri yawned after I finished my sentence.

"Oh my.. Eri do you want me to carry you?" She nodded, rubbing her eyes. She hopped onto Deku's back, and we ran back to the dormitory within a span of seven minutes. The two of us made our way to the greenette's room, and got Eri ready for bed. She brushed her teeth, put on her pajamas, and I braided her hair. As soon as she finished very thing up, she plopped down on the bed and curled up into a little ball like kitten, her hands having a tight grip on the cat stuffed animal we bought her earlier, leaving Deku and I awkwardly sitting next to each other, our sides touching. We turned our heads, staring into each other's eyes, while our cheeks rapidly turned a coral pink. Instead of getting incredibly awkward by covering his face and apologizing a million times, he gave me an adorable smile, only making my heart stir up even more. Since he wasn't being weird about this situation, I replied by a sweet smile too. However, Deku realized how late it had been, and interrupted the intense scenery.

"Oh shoot, you should get going!! I don't want you to wake up late tomorrow.." I nodded.

"Okay Deku!!" Our of nowhere, I hugged him tightly, shoving my face into his chest. I could feel and hear his heart pounding, however he calmly hugged me back. "I love you..." I mumbled underneath my breath, closing my eyes. I got up, and opened his door. "Goodnight!" He waved to me.

"Goodnight Uraraka!" I gently closed the door, being sure to not wake Eri up. Then, I made my way to my room, a feeling of satisfaction forming in my chest.

-Deku's POV-

10:12pm, Sunday

'Did she say she... loved me?!'

OOOO I GAVE YOU GUYS A CLIFFHANGER  >:3 sowweeee but i hope you liked this chapter!!! i'm sorry it was shorter than usual, but that's because i didn't really know what else to do with it since all they did was go to the beach, make a sandcastle, and awkwardly sit so yea lmao but goodbye everyone!!! look forward to the next chapter tomorrow!

word count: 1003 words!