annabeth's pov

heyyy i just finished school

YESSSS

anyway, here you go:

-9 days later-

"Annabeth, you're crazy," Rachel said.

"I am not," I said, taking on an offended tone. "I swear it's him."

"How are you so sure?" Hazel asked from beside me.

"How many times do I have to explain it?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "He said he was coming here to see his uncle, that he'd leave in 3 weeks, and he's born on August 18th."

"She does have a point," Piper interjected. "I mean all those components represent him."

"So you guys actually think her soulmate is Percy Jackson?" Thalia questioned, still not believing her.

"Maybe," Rachel answered.

"You couldn't have gotten that lucky," Piper continued.

"Jealous much?" I asked, smirking at her.

"Shut up, Chase," Piper said.

"But how are you gonna tell him you know who he is?" Hazel questioned. "I mean, you can't tell him that you know his name because it won't show up on either of your arms and you can't meet up with him."

"What if you tell him at his concert," Thalia suggested. "I mean, you could tell the guards you think he's your soulmate, and they'll bring him out or something. Imagine how romantic it'd be?"

"Since when are you into romance?" Rachel smirked.

"Since my friend has a famous star as her soulmate," Thalia said, trying to keep in her inner fangirl.

"And since when do you fangirl over stars?" I asked.

"Shut up," Thalia said, rolling her eyes.

"What took you so long to tell us?" Hazel asked.

"I dunno," I admitted.

I thought over the many times I had come close to telling them everything. It wasn't even for certain yet, but I was pretty damn sure. It was impossible to have that many coincidences at once, right? RIGHT? It was all too complicated for me. Why couldn't we just get the person's name on our wrists on our 16th birthday instead? It would make everything so much easier!

"I guess I just wasn't ready," I added. "I'm not even 100% sure, but it's already a lot to take in. Am I being crazy? I feel like I'm being crazy."

Piper smiled. "Yes, you're being totally insane."

"Shut up, McLean," Rachel said, punching Piper's shoulder.

"So he's in town now," Hazel said, "and if it's not Percy Jackson, then that gives you plenty of time to find out who it is, right?"

I shrugged. "I guess."

"Okay, so let's go into town and see if you can find anyone with the same markings as you," Hazel suggested.

"That's a good idea," Rachel added. "Annie?"

"Yeah, sure, let's go," I decided.

I took the sharpie that Rachel always left in her bag, and scribbled all over my arm. Then I remembered that they might be wearing a jacket, so I asked Piper to write 'it's me!' on my forehead.

I looked like a doofus. Everyone was staring at me weirdly, like: "Yeesh. Some people..."

The worst part was that during the whole thing, I didn't see anything on anyone else's forehead.

When I parted ways with my friends, feeling like an idiot for thinking it'd be this easy, I got a message from my soulmate.

Are you serious? he asked.

What? I replied, even though I clearly knew that he was talking about the graffiti I had probably done all over his body.

I was binging B99 and my mom came up to me and started laughing, he began. I had no idea what was up until I had to go to the bathroom.

Oh, don't complain, I said, even though I would be complaining if I were in his place. It should be gone in about 24 hours.

Sometimes I wonder if you're sane, he wrote. I chuckled.

I'm running out of space, I continued on the small part of my non-scribbled-on arm.

I wonder why ;), he answered.

You're a confusing human being.

Good night to you too, Wise Girl, he responded.

We had started giving each other nicknames since we got tired of "FSM" and "MSM". Honestly, he was terrible at coming up with what was supposed to be an 'insulting' nickname. "Wise Girl" wasn't exactly a common insult.

Good night, Seaweed Brain, I quickly write back, before shutting my eyes and drifting off to sleep, dreaming about how Percy Jackson might just be my soulmate. Ah, a girl can dream...

sorry for being late again, but i've been lacking inspiration.

anyways, i hope you liked it.