annabeth's pov

IM NOT DEAD

okay, so I know i haven't posted in a while, but my dad took away my computer 'cause i yelled at him, so please don't hate meee

anyway, here's chapter 8:

After the concert, Percy gave me his number, asking me to call the next day after 12. I smiled, and agreed, adding him as a contact on my phone.

When I got back home, I snuck back to my room by climbing up the side of the house and entering the partially opened window I used to leave.

The next day, when I woke up, my phone was buzzing with texts, news articles and Instagram updates.

Most of the articles looked like:

Percy Jackson and Leo Valdez find soulmates at their concert

Percy Jackson and his mysterious Annabeth

Was it all real? Gravity band members finding their soulmates.

The texts weren't any better. Some were from my dad: "You went to a concert last night and you didn't tell me?!" and "Oh god, your soulmate is famous, this isn't good." and "Congrats, though."

Some were from people at school who bearly knew me, asking millions of questions about what happened exactly and how it feels to have a famous and hot soulmate.

Some were just from my friends saying (depending on who they were from) congrats and that they wanted to hear all about what happened and that they had fun last night.

The scariest part of it all was the Instagram notifications. Most of them were new followers I had inherited. Lots of them were likes and comments on my 3 posts.

I signed into Instagram, guessing that, at most, I had gotten 100 more followers from last night's incident, but I was wrong.

I couldn't believe that I had gone from 609 to 12.3k followers in one night. she never mentioned her account to anyone, so how would they know how to find it? It was... very creepy.

It took me a few hours to get through all my notifications, but eventually, I finished, and lay down on my bed, rubbing my eyes.

I hadn't gone out of my room all day, knowing my family would ask too many questions.

At 12:00 exactly, I decided to call Percy Jackson.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone when he picked up. "Percy Jackson?"

"I asked you to stop calling me that," he said. I could hear his smile forming on his face.

"Well, it's weird. You're not just some other guy in my class. You're a famous guy! If you met Jennifer Lopez, you'd call her Jennifer Lopez, not Jennifer," I reasoned.

He chuckled. "I actually have met her. And I called her just Jennifer. And she was okay with it."

"You ruin everything," I said, even though I was grinning myself.

After a moment of comfortable silence, I said; "God, I'm so glad I found you."

He laughed. "I'm glad you found me too."

"So is there a specific reason you wanted me to call you?" I asked.

"Well, yeah," he said. "I'm leaving in 5 days, but you already know that, don't you? Anyway, how is this gonna work? I mean, you and me."

"Slow down there," I replied. "We haven't even been on a date yet."

"Leo and Calypso are on a date. How did we end up behind them?" he complained.

"Well, they still don't have nicknames yet, so we're still in front, right?" I questioned.

"Actually they have nicknames too. I don't know what she calls him, but he calls her Sunshine," he explained.

"Dammit," I said. "We need to get ahead of them. Meet me at Simone's in 10."

"Okay."

I hung up and laughed, realizing I just asked him out.

I got ready, putting a sweater around my waist just in case it got cold. I snuck out of the house, through the window once again, and headed to Simone's on my bike, leaving a note on my bed just in case someone entered my room before I had the chance to get back.

When I entered the cafe, the bell rang, and I sat myself down at the nearest table, waiting for Percy.

He finally arrived 5 minutes later, apologizing for being late, but smiling the whole time.

"Why are you dressed in all black?" I asked. "And why are you wearing huge sunglasses?"

"So that people dont recognize me," he explained. Then he laughed. "I once went on a date with Clarisse LaRue-"

"The singer?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said. "Anyway, we forgot our 'disguises' and the mob at the restaurant we were at went crazy. It was terrible, but still pretty funny."

I chuckled. "I have a question."

"Hit me," he said.

I took my phone out and showed him my follower count. "I went from roughly 600 to 12 thousand in one night. Now I'm at 20 thousand! I never even mentioned what my account was!"

"The media is tricky like that," he explained. "They see your name and face and age and BOOM! They know everything about you."

"That's pretty dang scary."

He chuckled. "You got that right."

We spent the rest of the day talking about ourselves and what we like to do. Percy Jackson seemed like quite literally a perfect match for me.

But he was practically a legend. How did I, of all people, get to be his soulmate. He was charming and funny and had the most amazing musical talent ever. He had silky jet black hair and beautiful, captivating sea-green eyes.

At around 6:00 p.m. we parted ways, hugging (of course) and saying goodbye. I agreed to call him the next day as well. Maybe I could convince him to stay in San Francisco..?

Maybe.

Maybe.

I HOPE YOU LIKED IT BECAUSE I HAD THIS HUGE BLANK WHILE WRITING THIS AND I HOPE IT DOESNT SUCK.

also, you all know why i haven't posted in such a long time (see first a/n at the top) and i feel really bad

:)