percy's pov

i know some people wanted me to do a jasper/frazel meetup, but i already said in chapter 2 that they already knew they were soulmates

-30 minutes earlier-

"Percy, I need your help," Leo said, entering my dressing room.

"What the hell, man? I could've been changing!" I said. I looked up at him and started laughing. "Okay, I know you're dirty-minded, but that's not very appropriate makeup for a concert."

He rolled his eyes. "Percy, I didn't draw this. My soulmate did."

I studied the picture of a penis on his forehead. It was amazingly drawn. Whoever had done it had a definite artistic side. And she had a dirty mind, sure, but she was a great artist.  "So whatcha gonna do about it?"

"That's why I came to you!" he said. "Please help me get this off!"

"Why?" I asked. "It's hilarious. Plus, if your soulmate is in the crowd, and she sees that, she'll know."

"You really think she came to the concert?" Leo asked.

"I know she came," I said.

"That's what she said," Leo muttered under his breath, proving my point about his being dirty-minded. I fought the urge of saying "I told you so."

"You're on in ten minutes," the stage manager said, poking his head into the room. He had gray hair, like a scientist's, and always seemed happy. "Oh, you too, Leo."

"Thanks, Bob," I said, smiling. He nodded and was on his way to probably tell the rest of the band the same thing.

"So you're sure I should go out like this?" Leo asked.

I nodded. "Positive."

"Alright, then."

Ten minutes later, we were on stage, saying the thank-you speech we said before every performance.

"We cherish every one of you. You've made an incredible difference in our lives. You bring the light and joy to our hearts and souls," Reyna was saying, even though, in truth, our fans were the reason we didn't sleep at night. Sometimes it's the stupid paparazzi, but other times, it's the fact that we aren't treated like human beings. Always another 'can I get your autograph?' or 'can we take a selfie?' or 'OMG I can't believe it's actually you!' People don't seem to realize that they're exactly like us, except that they dont play an instrument or sing in a band. We poop and fart and eat and make mistakes too. We aren't perfect, and sometimes, people just don't understand that. It's annoying.

"So thank you," Reyna finished off.

The lights turned on, blinding us, like usual, but instead of applause, everyone started pointing and laughing at Leo Valdez.

I turned to Leo, to make sure he wasn't embarrassing himself even more by being Leo, but he seems to be in a trance, staring at the crowd.

I look to where he's looking and see a girl with the same drawing on her forehead. She was beautiful with her almond-shaped eyes and caramel braided hair. Definitely Leo's type. But then again, what wasn't Leo's type?

Leo slowly turned to me, pointing at the girl, mouthing 'that's her'.

I grabbed my mic. "Can the girl in the silver and blue dress and the..." I took a pause, not sure how to describe the image on her head, "drawing on her forehead in the front row please come up to the stage?"

The girl smiled and blushed, always looking straight at our guitarist, as she came onto the stage.

"I never imagined my soulmate being so pretty," Leo admitted, making the crowd coo.

They talked for the next few minutes on stage. Her name was Calypso. She was 16, the same age as us, and her dad was the owner of a big insurance company called SkyRocket. Weirdly, their slogan is "Leave your heavy burdens on us, we'll hold the sky for you."

She said a whole bunch of stuff that I didn't bother to memorize.

Finally, and I mean, finally (God, those two could talk forever), they finished. We gave Calypso a chair on stage so that she could sit on the stage with us.

That's when a sentence changed my life forever; "YOUR FAVOURITE PILLOW PET IS A PANDA NAMED PANDY AND YOU KEEP HIM IN A DRAWER SO NO ONE WILL FIND HIM, BUT YOU SLEEP WITH HIM AT NIGHT IN SECRET!"

I know, it's weird that that's the sentence that changed it all, but the only person who knew that information was my soulmate. And she was standing right in front of me.

The breath seemed to leave my body in an instant as I saw her. She had beautiful blonde hair that flowed down to her shoulders which curled like a princess's. Her eyes weren't that visible in the darkness, but from what I could see, they were gray. Stormy, scary, confident gray. Beautiful.

I grabbed my mic once more. "Can you come up here?"

She smiled and did as I asked.

When she reached me, the first thing I said was; "'It's me!" Really?"

"Hey, don't judge me! I had nothing else in mind," she said.

"It was embarrassing, you know that?" I asked, smirking.

"Well, I don't care," she said, smiling like this little conversation meant the world to her. God, she was amazing.

"God, you guys even fight like a married couple," Luke said from behind us, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up, Luke. Let them have their moment," Reyna replied from beside him.

Luke rolled his eyes.

I looked back at the girl. "What's your name?"

"Annabeth," she answered.

"Perfect name for the perfect girl," I replied.

She blushed. "Oh, shut up. You're making me blush."

"Yeah," I said. "It's cool how when you blush, everything blushes. Your ears, your neck, your arms."

"I said to shut up," she said, even though she was grinning like crazy.

"So, Annabeth," I said. "I suppose you know my name already."

"I do, Seaweed Brain," she said, smiling.

"God, you guys already have pet names?" Leo asked. He turned to Calypso. "We are so behind schedule."

"Shut up, Valdez," Annabeth and I said simultaneously.

"Geez, sorry mom and dad," he said.

"I think you'd better get on with the concert," Annabeth whispered in my ear.

"I think you're right," I said.

We got another chair for Annabeth, and eventually, the rest of her friends on stage, and then began the concert. We even let them sing with us, once or twice, causing the crowd to erupt into cheers, even though the girls were absolutely terrible.

But Annabeth looked happy. And happy looked good on her.

most used words in the chapter: shut up

also, no it's not the last chapter. the last one will be an epilogue, and i'll say at the beginning of the chapter that it's the last one. and i'm most probably doing 10 chapters (including the epilogue).

hope you liked it :)