percy's pov

okay, so i finished this two days ago, and posted it on my account on fanfition.net, but i completely forgot to post it here. sorry :\

"I'm telling you, she's trying to find me," I said to the phone. Even though Leo and the rest of the band would be here for the concert in a few days, face timing him was still necessary to me.

"You're sure?" Leo said, still not believing me, even though the "it's me!" sign on my head made it obvious.

"Dude, do you not have eyes?" I reasoned. "No one writes it's me on their forehead for no particular reason."

"Maybe this girl does," Leo decided.

"You're impossible."

"Yes I am," Leo said proudly. God, he was such a weirdo.

"I think she might know who I am," I confessed.

"That's a good sign, right?" Leo asked. "That means you'll find each other faster."

I sighed, thinking of the possibility. "Yeah, maybe. But how will I know if it's really her? I mean, we've all had girls coming to our concerts, claiming we were their soulmates."

I laughed, remembering the number of girls who tried getting backstage to meet the group and me with those false statements. The band had to up our security.

Leo chuckled, some of his curls falling out of place. His hair seemed longer than the last time I had seen him. "Yeah, I remember, all right. That shit was funny."

"It was," I agreed. After a moment, I asked: "Do you think she'll come to our concert to find me?"

"Well, if she's certain of who you are, then, yeah, probably," Leo responded. "She'll probably write in huge uppercase letters "IM YOUR SOULMATE" just to make sure she knows it's you."

"Very funny, Leo," I said, although I was honestly very worried that I'd be performing on stage with someone peculiar written on my body. At least if she did that it'd mean that she was smart, right?

"Percy!" my mom yelled from downstairs in the living room. "Supper's ready! Come and eat!"

"I'll be there in a minute!" I answered.

"I gotta go," I said to Leo. "Talk to you later?"

"Yeah," he said. "I'll be there in a few days anyway."

I nodded and hung up.

I walked down to the kitchen where my mom was waiting for me with a plate of blue pasta.

"Mom, I told you you could stop doing this now that Gabe is gone," I said, even though I actually really liked it. It was just that it took so much work to make our food blue.

"I know, sweetheart, but I feel like this is a part of who I am now," she reasoned.

I nodded and started eating. There was nothing better than Sally Jackson's cooking, and I had a few friends who could back me up on that fact.

"So," my mom said, "do you think your soulmate knows who you are?"

"I think so," I told her. "I mean, you go writing "it's me!" on your forehead for no reason. Plus, she asked me to tell her something personal about myself that no one else would know."

"You think she's gonna use that to get backstage at the concert?" my mom asked, reading my mind.

"Well, I hope so," I said. "I'd rather than over a sign on my forehead any day."

My mom laughed, but I could still see the sadness in her eyes. She was nearly 40 and she still hasn't found her soulmate. According to him, he lives here, but the chances she'd find him were very low.

"You'll find him," I said, putting my hand on her shoulder, attempting to comfort her. "You will."

She held my hand with hers and leaned her head onto it. "I sure hope so."

I smiled, knowing damn well that she was gonna find him, and if not, I'd drag her to see every guy in town with an "it's me!" sign on her forehead.

I knew I would probably find my soulmate at my concert, but I was scared as hell to know who she was and what she'd think of me. For all I knew, she could be one of my haters. Or even worse; one of my fangirls who won't even treat me like a human being.

"We're gonna go see your uncle again tomorrow morning," she said. "He wants to take us mini-golfing."

I smiled again. "That sounds nice."

i think this story is gonna be only 10 chapters long.

i hope you liked it. :)