Shadow?

A couple of days after the big fight with Krane, Doulgas found Amelia and Chase in the lab once again. He walked in suspicious of what they were up to but decided to let them be. He sat down quietly at one of the monitors and began to work on something of his own invention. The noise of him taping away at the keyboard made Amelia and Chase turn around, disrupting the silence.

"Douglas!" amelia cried out,"just the guy I wanted to see."

"uh, why?"

"because its been a few days since the attack and you've yet to explain my bionics properly to me,and if I have these bionics I kinda need to know what they are."

"i know, I know. I just haven't had the heart to tell you, because being normal was kinda your thing."

"i've literally stabbed a watermelon to death, I wouldn't call that normal."

"you know what I mean. But I guess I can't get out of this one, so I'm going to tell you."

"finally!" Amelia sat down and Chase leant of her shoulder as they listened to Douglas.

"I made your bionic chip especially to match who you are and what had happened to you. Your bionic chip, and yours alone, can handle doing two abilities at once-"

"but I can do that?" Chase said, confused at what Douglas was getting at.

"yes, but everytime you try to you're at risk of completely frying your whole bionic infrastructure. Amelia on the other hand, hers is designed to withstand the strain of using two at the same time. It's the first time I have got that component to work properly, so you're welcome."

"i have the ability to use two abilities at once.... I assume that's because my side needs time to heal."

"it needs more than time, if you ever take out your chip, the healing process will begin to reverse leaving you back where we started. The longer that chip is in the longer that interval lasts because more is healed."

"but I already have my waist back, so shouldn't that give me time?"

"seen as it's only been a few days, no. Your skin has come beck with horrible scarring, and some of the tissue beneath it is probably returning but the inside damage will take a lot more time, but eventually it will be fully healed and there will be no trace of it."

"and then I can take out the chip?"

"no. The process will always reverse, the thing she blasted you with was so deadly there was no way I could extract it."

"oh." There was a part of Amelia who was dreading being Bionic, the responsibility she would have to face, she didn't know if she was cut out for it. "uhm, what are the other powers then?"

"your abilities are based off of shadows-"

"shadows? Why shadows, wouldn't have been easier to do something that's already done."

"you'd think, but Krane took all my research and it ended up being easier to create new bionics instead of using old ones. Now if I could stop being interrupted. You have umbra kinesis, shadow travel, night vision and chamilain skin."

"wait, what? Why chamilain skin??"

"so you can literally hide in the shadows, duh."

"but can't I just surround myself in a shadow?"

"then you'd have bulky shadow."

"bulky shadow? I'm not bulky."

The two began to bicker but Chase stepped in quickly, "wait what does having she's powers mean she can do?"

"she can solidify shadows to her own will, and move them around like your molecularkinesis, and she also has the power to travel through them to reach another destination, a bit like a geoleap. And night vision well that speaks for itself, I couldn't give you dark powers and not allow you to see in the dark. Chamilain skin was pretty easy to Do as well, with concentration you can blend into the wall as your skin manipulates itself into matching the colours."

"but then you'd have a bulky wall" Amelia mimicked Douglas. "but shadow travel actually sound pretty cool, let me give it a shot." Amelia stood up and walked over to the closest shadow, she closed her eyes and began to think about where she wanted to go." her body began to morph into the darkness, a familiar chill crawled up her spine but the sensation was welcomed. For a moment she felt like she was at a perfect stillness where her body didn't weigh a thing. She was about to open her eyes when she was shot forward, her feet stumbled on the ground as she escaped the shadows. She opened her eyes, expecting to find herself in her bedroom but instead was greeted by the dashing streets of a Chinese Market. She walked around wondering what on earth was going on, her eyes were blasted with bright colours of red and gold and the smell of the should-be-illegal food made her stomach turn. But out of the corner of her eye she saw a boy that looked like he too didn't belong here. She slowly went over, not wanting to alarm the boy but just when she was about to speak he spoke for himself.

An American accent, that was music to her ears came from the boys mouth. He wore black clothing and a skull ring, classic emo style. His hair was black and swept over his pale face. "you can shadow travel? How is that possible, hades said he didn't have anymore kids."

"hades? I'm not a demigod, and I'm not the daughter of the underworld. I'm bionic, I have a chip that gives me powers." Amelia didn't know why she was giving away her secret so quickly to this boy, but the was he spoke and what he said was so bizzare that she thought he wouldn't do anything.

" oh, so you don't know about the myths or anything, right?"

" oh, I do. It's a great hobby of mine reading about them.  And by what you said Im guessing you're a son of Hades, king of the underworld, God of the dead."

"well I exposed myself there."

"yeah, but what do you know about shadow travel? It's my fist time using it and I did not mean to come here."

"yeah,my first time I landed here too, I like to come back from time to time. But I find that the problem is when your body is at a complete state of stillness our minds begin to wonder and not focus on where we want to be and it und up bring us here. If you want to get back home think of it when you're weightless, then have a nap."

"oh I can't nap, but thanks for the advice. I didn't quite catch your name."

"Nico."

"Amelia." the shookhands and went about on their own journeys. Amelia toon his advice and ended up stumbling in the lab where Chase caught her.

"where did you go?"

"China." chase looked confused, why of all places did she go to China, "I wasn't thinking as I went through the shadow and it ends us up in China. I probably would have been stuck there if it wasn't for this American kid who knew what to do."

"wait, how would he know."

"the kid had his own reasons, but I can assure you he wasn't bionic. What did miss?"

"well, I just finished your mission suit."

"I get a mission suit!?"

"of course you do, you're one of us now." chase picked up the tablet and showed her the suit, it looked a bit like Bree's but with Amelia's own style. There was a small utility belt that was higher up on the waist, and the zip was half down, her chest was covered by a black vest. The boots looked like black Doc Martins and she adored that, much like she adored her purple ones she wore. "chase, I love it. Thank you." Amelia wrapped her arms around Chase in gratitude and love, she couldn't wait to wear it and help out. "this is amazing."

"ah,but before you go out on dangerous missions, I want you to get to training. You need to have better control over your bionics And need to have more knowledge on fighting." Douglas said.

"I'll put the hard work in, I promise."