Spider Island

Donnie walked through the common area at the academy, frustratingly replying to his brother on the phone, "yes, Donnie, I'll take out the garbage. No, Donnie, I won't experiment on the kids' bionic while they're asleep again." He noticed Leo staring at him strangely and thought it right to explain what was going on, "it was one time, and you didn't even notice." He turned back to his phone, "i gotta go, yes, i miss you too."
"Donnie and the students made it to Gettysburg for their first official field trip."

"Bionic kids and cannonballs. What could possibly go wrong?" Leo summed up.

"You're his student, why didn't you go?"

"Oh, big D thinks I'm there. You know Lottanne can take on the appearance of anyone she's come in contact with? I payed her five bucks to become me."

Bree and Amelia walked into the common area, the sight of them made leo run up to them, "hey, guys, i ditched the field trip so i could hang out with you guys, what should we do on our day off?"

"Our day off?" Bree questioned, "no this is my day off, and I've already got it all planned out. I'm going to sit by the pool and read a book. I'd ask you to join me, but i live and work with my family so I'm sick of all of you."

Chase started making his through the common area as well when he was stopped in his path by Leo, "hey Chase, want to hang out?"

"Sorry, Leo, gotta make the most of my day off. I already organised the weapons vault, alkalised the island's water system, and taught a cute little group of dolphins to wave hello. And i did it all with my girl."

"The Dolphin's were really cute not going to lie."

"Next up, some light reading," chase took the book out of Bree's hand and skimmed through the whole book, "she ended up marrying the vampire? I did not see that coming."

"Hey, Adam!"

"Nope."

"You didn't even hear what i had to say!?"

"Oh, sorry continue."

"Do you want to."

"No." Adam turned towards Chase, Bree and Amelia. "Guys, look at this rock i found on the shore. I had to dig it out from under a wooden box full of old yellow coins and jewellery." When he lifted up the slab of rock a clear outline of a spider the size of adam's face was embedded into it.

"Adam, this isn't a rock. It's a fossil, let me see that." Chase wen't to grab the rock.

"No!" The wrestled over the rock for a few moments before Chase was able to snatch it out of his hands.

Chase put it down on one of the desks and started to scan it with his bionic eye. When he finished he looked at everyone, his lips curving so much they could almost reach his ears. "Guys, do you know what this is!? This is a prehistoric sea spider. It went extinct millions of years ago."

"Cool! I love spiders, back in high school, they used to call me spider legs."

"Leo, honey, that wasn't a good thing, but look at this spider, it looks like it's from the Cretaceous period."

"You're right, Ames, it's from the Valanginian subdivision, i would have loved to have sen this spider when it was alive."

"Then why don't we create it?" Amelia inquired.

"Are you suggesting what i think you're suggesting?"

"I think so, i mean is it possible?"

"Before i got into bionics i dabbled in biology. I was trying to use fossils to bring back extinct species back to life." Douglas explained.