First Date

Percy

      I nervously readjusted my hair for what felt like the one hundreth time tonight. Percy was supposed to meet me here, at my Cabin, in five minutes but he hadn’t shown up yet. I took a deep breath and looked myself over in the mirror one last time. I had chosen a simple white dress and flats, with a tan belt around the middle. Piper came over earlier and curled my hair, but the hairspray made me feel like my hair looked greasy.

A knock at my door startled me, but I opened it nonetheless. Percy was standing there, wearing his regular camp t-shirt and jeans, complete with converse. But it was what was in his hand that caught my eyes.

“You look, great, wow,” he smiled.

“Thanks,” I beamed, silently reminding myself to thank Piper later on.

“I couldn’t decided which to get you, so I got a mix of them both,” he handed me the bouquet of brightly colored roses. Half of them were rainbow and the other half were a neon blue.

“My mom and I have an ongoing joke about blue things, it’s my favorite color, and the rainbow ones reminded me of you, so I thought if I got you both it’d be like you and me together. I know it’s cheesy,” he rambled nervously.

“I love them so much,” I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. He seemed a little shocked at first, but soon enough his hands found their way around my waist. I turned and set the flowers on my desk, and wrote a note so I would remember to put them into a vase later.  

“Let’s go shall we,” he offered me his arm. I giggled, but accepted. He walked me around side my cabin, where there was a ladder leading up to the roof. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“You said you were going to watch the fireworks from your roof, so ladies first,” he helped me up the ladder, right behind me. A baby blue picnic blanket was laid out, food, decorations and all.

“Percy, you didn’t have to,” I grinned at him once we both were sat on the blanket.

"Of course I did," he smirked and placed an arm around my shoulders. I wrapped an arm around his waist. The fireworks show began as we started eating. I could feel my face light up as I watched the bright colors dancing across the sky.

"Fireworks always remind me of my mom," I confessed to him. "Because of the loud colors. When I was little my dad would set time off and we'd always go to the park and watch the local ones. Seeing them always reminds me of my parents and family."

"That's really sweet," he kissed my forehead. I could feel myself blush.

“My mom and I used to go down to the beach to watch fireworks, but I kinda grew out of it,” he smiled, reliving memories. We stayed there, wrapped in each other's arms until the show ended. The moment seemed to last forever, but was still gone too quickly.  

"Thank you Percy, I had a wonderful time," I smiled at him when we climbed back down to my cabins door.

"Did you?" he asked,  I wanted to wipe the smirk off of his face. So I did something he didn’t expect.

"I did,” I laughed kissing his cheek, savouring the surprised look on his face, before dashing inside my cabin. Butch was standing there, eyeing me curiously.

“Have a nice time?” he teased.

"Shut up," I shoved him, preparing for bed.

______________________________________________________________________________

Jason

“Awww is little (y/n) getting ready for her date?” Will ruffled my hair as he walked in.