[41]

---

---

I was sat in the Cullen's living room, staring blankly at the TV screen as Full House played. I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on until Bella and Edward walked into the house. 

"Wow. Done already?" Emmett teased.

Bella ignored him, "Where's Renesmee?"

"Blondie stole her," Jacob answered, staring out the window where Rosalie was playing with Renesmee. He had been there since Rosalie sat down like half an hour ago and honestly, it was kinda freaky and weird. I get that he imprinted, but chill out a bit, she's a baby. 

"Break a lot of stuff?" Emmett asked. 

"Emmett. No," Bella replied. 

"I'm all for sex between two consensual adults but can we not address it while your literal adoptive father is sat next to you," I voiced. "Kinda weird. Actually, no, very weird."

The phone began to ring. I looked to it, wondering if anyone was going to answer. Apparently not as everyone just stared.

Bella stepped towards it, "Is that Charlie?" 

"He's been calling twice a day," Edward informed. 

"He's in pretty rough shape," Jacob added.

"I've been switching between staying here and staying over with him. I spend most of my time trying to calm him down," I explained. 

"Eventually, we'll have to tell him you didn't make it," Carlisle told.

"He needs to mourn, Bella," Edward stated.

Jacob nodded. 

Bella turned away from the phone that had stopped ringing, "Okay. We'll do it tomorrow."

Emmett sighed, "I'm gonna miss this place."

"We'll come back. We always do," Carlisle reassured. 

"Wait. Nobody said anything about leaving," Jacob spoke up. 

"I'm not leaving," I revealed. 

"Sky-" Bella began.

"I'm not leaving," I repeated. "You chose this life. I didn't."

"Once people believe Bella's dead, we can't risk anyone seeing her," Carlisle explained to Jacob. I knew he wanted to talk about me staying but right now wasn't the time.  

"So you just disappear?" Jacob questioned. 

"Jacob, we don't have another choice," Edward told. 

"You do, you just refuse to make it," I argued, walking out. 

I stood on the porch, staring at one of the trees as it swayed in the wind. Jacob stormed past me. I didn't stop him, not really caring what he was about to do. If it meant that Charlie wouldn't lose his daughter, I was all for it. 

---

Turns out he turned into a wolf in front of Charlie. I would have laughed at the thought of Jacob having to strip in front of Charlie before turning into a wolf. 

"Look, I solved a problem. You were leaving. What did you expect me to do?" Jacob exclaimed. 

"You don't realize the danger you've put him in. The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us," Bella protested. 

"No, I didn't tell him about you. Just me. I only said you were different," Jacob informed.

Edward glared at Jacob, "And that we have a niece who we adopted."

"I mean, seriously, Jake, he's not just gonna let that go."

"Did you consider the physical pain he'll put Bella through? It'll be like sticking a white-hot branding iron down her throat. And that's assuming she can control her thirst," he seethed. 

"Edward shut the fuck up," I yelled. "If I can not kill Charlie after going through the same thing as Bella, then she can not kill Charlie. Jesus, you may be willing for her to cut all ties to her family but that doesn't mean it's right. Charlie won't ask questions, I mean I literally spend time with him with different coloured eyes to what I used to have and he didn't ask because he was just glad I was safe." I sighed. "He'd rather have Bella and not know what happened than not have her at all."

"Look, Charlie's been in hell. And I know you'll be much happier with him in your life," Jacob defended.

Edward scoffed, "Jacob, don't try and pretend you're doing this for anyone but yourself."

"Sorry, you feel that way because he'll be here in ten minutes," Jacob revealed. 

"What?" Bella exclaimed. 

So, we had to help her act more human as if she hadn't been human a few days ago. I decided to sit out, knowing I wouldn't be much help. Well, I could but I didn't want to be. I sat with Jasper, his arm around me as they put in contacts and helped her walk normally and sit like a human. Again, how do you forget these things in a few days? I get the holding your breath but still move your shoulders, but she spent almost nineteen years doing everything else. 

"Hi, Dad," I greeted as he entered the house. "I'll let you and Bella catch up."

"Thanks, Sky. Um- after you came back from when you were taken- did you- are you- do you turn into an animal too?" He stuttered. 

"No, that's just Jake," I assured. 

"Okay, good, um- Sue's cooking tonight if you want to join. You can bring-" he paused. "Jasper too if you want."

"I'll be there and I'll ask him," I replied. "Now go see Bella."

He nodded, gave me a quick embrace before he continued into the house. I made my way to Jasper's bedroom where he was, trying not to eavesdrop on Bella and Charlie's conversation.

"Charlie invited you to dinner with me," I informed as I entered. 

Jasper frowned, "Sky, we don't eat."

I rolled my eyes, "I know that, but we can still go and then just sort it out later. You know?"

He chuckled, shaking his head at me. 

"I'll go."

I smiled, moving to sit next to him. 

"It's a big deal, you know? He never invited Edward to dinner. Mainly because he hates him. So, the good news is he doesn't hate you."

"I'm honoured," he joked.

"Oh, you should be."

---

Although we didn't eat, we enjoyed the dinner. Charlie was more than civil, it actually seemed like Jasper was growing on him. It was really nice. Also, it was something to taunt Edward with because he was married to Bella but still barely had Charlie's approval. 

That night I stayed at home with Charlie while Jasper pretended to go back home. He just climbed through my window to watch movies with me for the night. We picked random Netflix movies and rated them.