Orleans

Y/n opened his eyes after Rayshifting and found himself back in Fuyuki.

Y/n: "I'm home..."

(Yes, I'm using this as a pseudo opening song for this story.)

Y/n walked through the streets of Fuyuki with nostalgia flooding his mind. His hair was blown around in the wind as he walked. He then found his old home.

He then heard a familiar yell from inside the house as well as laughter.

Y/n: "Artoria...Mordred... I remember these days. I was such a fool back then. No matter. I remember the outcome of this holy grail war. I hope you're ready for the battles ahead, Y/n."

He looked back at his house one last time before walking away.

He wandered until a familiar presence appeared nearby.

???: "So. you're the same as me, huh?"

Y/n: "In a sense. I know who you are, Archer. Or is Emiya what you'd prefer I call you?"

Emiya: "I don't know...Do you still go by your name?"

Y/n turned and Emiya's eyes widened as he saw the breathing mask.

Emiya: "what happened to you?"

Y/n: "Many things, Emiya. My breathing is still slightly unstable, so I can't take this thing off for long. Da Vinci gave me another five weeks tops before we can safely remove it for long periods of time."

Emiya: "...why are you here?"

Y/n: "I'm testing my Rayshift capabilities. I'm only gonna be here for a bit before I head back."

Emiya: "I see...who wins this?"

Y/n: "Heh, No Spoilers. Take my suggestion, Emiya. Don't be a dick. Help your master and her allies. Also, kick yourself in the balls for me."

Emiya: "You say that like I wouldn't normally."

Y/n: "True...Now then. Da Vinci. You can bring me back now."

Da Vinci then spoke through the comms device on Y/n's wrist.

Da Vinci: "Alright. Bringing you back then, big guy. Besides, you're going on your first mission soon."

Y/n: "Remind me where I'm going again."

Da Vinci: "Orleans, France. You might get to see Jeanne again."

Y/n: "Yeah. I hope I do."

Y/n gave a last wave to Emiya before he was brought back to Chaldea.

Da Vinci: "You see what you wanted to?"

Y/n: "Yeah. I did. Where's the others?"

Da Vinci: "They're getting some grub right now, I suggest you do the same."

Y/n nodded before heading to the canteen.

He sat down with a Bacon Burger and Da Vinci showed him how to open the mask to allow for the consumption of food.

Biting into that bacon burger felt heavenly for Y/n as he tasted the crunchy bacon and felt the cheese melt in his mouth, not to mention the burger itself tasted divine. Juices flooded out from the meat as he bit into the burger, that mixed with the iceberg lettuce on top as well as the other condiments on the burger made Y/n want to bust the fattest nut he could.