Chapter 12: A Curious Corridor

A few hours had passed and Kenneth immediately started feeling like he had become a celebrity. A large number of students from all houses, except Slytherin, clapped and cheered when he passed them in the corridors after his duel with. He received a large number of high-fives, pats on the back and handshakes. The attention started making him feel sheepish and uncomfortable. He wasn't used to this kind of attention.

Kenneth had found himself back in the Courtyard again, surrounded by a large amount of students. Angelica was beaming with pride over how Kenneth handled himself in the duel. She wasn't there to witness it, but she wasn't upset over the incident because witnesses had told her that Kenneth tried to walk away from the duel. Ben was in a good mood, the bullying from Merula ceased to exist at that moment, and for the first time he looked happy.

Kenneth had sat himself down in between Ben and Rowan, surrounded by a decent number of students, laughing and joking about the exaggerated rumours that took place only hours earlier. He jokingly answered each question.

"Are you a Jedi?" asked one Gryffindor boy.

"A what?" asked Charlie nearby.

"A Jedi, from the movie Star Wars."

"What's a movie?"

"It's alright, Charlie," laughed Kenneth. He had seen all three films and he was a big fan. He turned to the student and smiled mischievously and said, "Maybe."

"Can you do what you did with Snyde's wand with this goblet?" asked another enthusiastic student, pulling out a goblet and placing it on the stone floor.

"Let's see..." said Kenneth.

He looked at the goblet and stuck his arm out. The goblet had lifted itself in the air as if on a string, and floated towards Kenneth's outstretched hand. The surrounding students clapped and applauded at the display.

Kenneth tried to telekinetically send the goblet back towards the floor, and it almost worked. The goblet floated, but it shook and fell down on the floor instead.

"Oh well!" he shrugged. "I guess I'll have to practice."

"You said your mum was originally from the Uagadou school?" asked Charlie, he looked excited "They're skilled in Self-Transfiguration, right? Can you transfigure yourself into a dragon?"

Several students roared with laughter, some looked hopeful.

"No," said Kenneth, shaking his head. "I've never tried, and I don't think I want to. Too dangerous."

Charlie sulked in disappontment, but then nodded in understanding the dangers of Self-Transfiguration.

"My mum transfigured into a lioness once. Never tried to cause trouble in the house again after that."

"Can you shoot lightning like the Emperor?" asked the same Gryffindor boy.

A smirk stretched on Kenneth's face

"Let's try."

Kenneth tilted his head down, hiding his face from view and put his hood up over his head. He tilted his head back up and looked at the student. Kenneth's eyes were now crimson-rimmed yellow and he gave a look of hatred. The Gryffindor boy took a step backwards, now looked scared.

"Now, young Gryffindor" said Kenneth in a drawling voice mimicking the Emperor's, while raising his hands, "You will die."

He smiled evily and flicked his hands towards the flinching boy.

Kenneth froze in place and said, "Got ya."

The entire surrounding crowd roared with laughter. The boy joined in the laughter, relieved that the attempt didn't work. Kenneth removed his hood and winked at him. He changed his eyes back to amber.