Chapter 17: Chiara's Secret

I had to deviate away from the game a little, because it doesn't really make any sense for Penny to be able to successfully brew an advanced potion like the Wolfsbane potion in her first year. Loosely inspired by TheWasp1995. I hope this chapter connects a little better than what was made in the game. Apologies again for the delay.

"How's the investigation going?" asked an amused Rowan, as Kenneth sat down to join him and Ben.

"Really good, I'm learning loads on werewolves," said Kenneth rolling his eyes in a similar fashion to Merula's.

Rowan snickered. "Did you know that they only change under the full moon?"

"Really? I hadn't thought of that. I should write that in a book one day." Kenneth began helping himself to a plate of shepherd's pie.

Rowan's snicker turned to laughter. "I'm sorry you have to deal with him."

"It'ths fine," said Kenneth through a mouthful of food. He then swallowed so he can talk more clearly. "The sooner this fiasco is over, the better. I have to meet him after." He began wolfing down his food in quick succession.

"Whoa, Kenneth!" came the sound of a startled Penny. "Slow down, before you choke!" She took a seat beside them. It has now become official that she ate her meals with the Gryffindor table. None of them minded - they were more ecstatic to have the pretty and popular Hufflepuff mingle with them. A few would courageously try but fail to entertain her. Her eyebrows were risen by the surprise of how fast Kenneth was eating.

"I'm thorry, Penny," said Kenneth through a mouthful of food. "I need to be out here fast and meet up with Mr. Lee."

"...Oh..." said Penny. "How's it going?"

"Boring," sighed Kenneth, finishing his meal. "He honestly doesn't know what he's doing, but I have no choice but to accompany him when he decides to question professors. They definitely don't like him."

Penny was now dumbfounded by the statement. She looked at him with sympathy.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with this," she said softly.

"It's fine," grumbled Kenneth. "I just hope I can finish off with this ordeal and he's gone."

"I hope so, too," agreed Rowan. "He was awkward in our classes."

"Same," quipped Ben.

"Well, anyway, enjoy your meals," said Kenneth, putting his plate away and getting to his feet. "I'll see you later."

"Wait!" said Penny.

"What's wong, Penny?" asked Kenneth, stopping in his tracks.

"You promised you'd explain what happened with Merula after Flying Class earlier today," she smirked.

A grin stretched on Kenneth's face. "Oh right," he said. "I forgot. I did tie her boot laces together."

"How?" asked a surprised Rowan. "You didn't have your wand out, nor did you tie them yourself."

"That," said Kenneth, tapping his nose mischievously, "is the phenomenon." He then whispered. "I tied them with wandless magic while she was insulting you, Ben."

"That's advanced magic, mate," complimented Rowan.

"I've been able to do that since I was learning how to tie my shoes," laughed Kenneth. "I lazily gotten the hang of doing it without a wand, since I didn't get one until this past summer. I thought it would be fun to do it to Merula."

"It worked," giggled Penny.

"Now you know," said Kenneth. "Oh, and Rowan, don't get up anytime soon. I tied your laces together."