CHAPTER 2

I definitely did not see this one coming, it's like speaking about Harry this morning made the universe conjure him up. Here he is in my class beside me, the universe is definitely playing tricks on me clearly, as my mind is moving miles a minute I barely hear him say "Did you hear what I said Nat?"

"Oh sorry, I was just lost in thought, what did you say?" I flush lightly.

"No worries, I was just asking if you had a spare pen, mine isn't working."

"Oh yeah, of course, one sec" I rummage in my bag to see if I can find a pen, luckily for him, I do have one. I hand it over to him, our hands briefly brush, and I swear I feel a zing of electricity or something, of course. I flush again.

"Thanks," he says, smiling. Just then, the professor starts going over the syllabus, and I direct my attention back to him. At the same time, I listen to what he's explaining. I look around to gauge how big the class is. There's maybe 20 of us at most; everyone around me is either typing or listening, Harry seems to be the only one that is taking actual physical notes.

One thing that I take pride in is my ability to multitask, so while I can hear what the prof is saying, I can also do something else simultaneously. The professor starts talking about our first group project, which involves doing some research on a big brand and coming up with solutions on how they could evolve their current brand structure to fit with modern times. It's a two-person group project. We have three weeks to come up with the presentation. When the professor finishes his explanation, Harry says.

"Would you like to pair up?"

"Yeah, sure!" I say a little enthusiastically.

The professor says to break into our groups to discuss the project, and I turn to face Harry. "So, do you have a brand in mind?" I ask him.

"Honestly, off the top of my head, nope." he laughs a bit.

"Me neither, well, we can brainstorm for sure if we have three weeks. I'm sure we'll be able to come up with something at least before the end of the week."
"Makes sense, shouldn't be too hard to decide on something," he says.

"So how come you're in this class? I remember you mentioning that you were an international business major," I ask.

"I needed a marketing elective apparently, and this one was what worked best with my schedule, shitty that it's at 9 in the morning though. I'm not a morning person."

"Urgh, I feel you! The plus side is that it's a small class, so it shouldn't be too distracting; bigger classes are definitely not my favorite," I reply.

"I agree with you. I'd rather be in a smaller class, makes it easier for me to concentrate," he says, looking around the class as everyone else has already broken up into their respective groups.

"Yeah..." I look up just as the professor says we can leave early if we choose to, mentioning that he would like us to let him know what brands we have selected in the next class.

"I think, I'm going to head out, might as well head to the bookstore and grab a few things before my next class," Harry says to me as he gets up to leave.

"Sounds good, we should probably meet up sometime before our class on Wednesday to brainstorm if that works for you?"

"Yeah, absolutely, what's your number? I'll text you, and we can find some time that works?" he says. I smile and give him my number; he saves it and texts me a simple 'Harry.' I say thank you, and he waves back at me when he reaches the door.

I text Iris to find out if she's already on campus since most of the class is leaving. I'd rather meet her than stay. I pack my stuff as I wait for her to text me back while also going over my interaction with Harry, I'm still shook by the zing of electricity I felt when our hands touched. I don't want to overthink into it, it could be all in my head.