CHAPTER 4

I roll over and look at the time; it's almost noon, I never sleep in this long, I must've been exhausted, I pull on some shorts and a tank top just in case Iris' guest is still here. I head to the kitchen and make myself some cereal, while I eat I text my mum. The door to Iris' room opens, and she walks out with the guy from last night. I try to remember his name, but I'm drawing a blank. "Morning," she says a little too brightly "More like afternoon" I reply

"Semantics" she shrugs and asks her guy if he's hungry, he says something about an appointment, so he's leaving, she walks him to the door, kisses him goodbye and comes back to the kitchen.

"Sorry about last night," she mentions.

"Oh, I didn't hear it, I left right as y'all were getting started," I tell her.

"Really? Where'd you go?"

"For a walk, I needed some air."

"Some air? At 2 am?" always the curious one.

"Fine, I needed to clear my head" I don't want to talk about the reason, but she won't let me go without getting answers.

"For what reason?" I sigh

"Ummm....well...Harry and I kinda had an encounter" she claps her hands with glee.

"Tell me more?!"

"Girl, I don't even know myself, he was watching me while I danced, then when I was outside getting some air, he appears out of nowhere, startles me and before I know it, my hair is all over the place. He helps me fix it, and then his hand is on my cheek, and we're staring into each other's eyes...." she interrupts me then.

"You were staring into each other's eyes?!?!," she says a little too loud.

"Shh....lemme finish, where was I? Anyway, it felt like it was just us, but then Camilla, remember her?" I pause for her to nod which she does "She interrupts us and asks him if he's ready to go and he just says I'll see you on class Monday and that was it"

I wait for her to digest it all, knowing Iris she's about to ask me all the questions.

"Okay, well I did not see that coming, I didn't know you guys talked like that," she says

"That's the thing; we don't" I reply

"How do you feel about it? Do you like him?" I was afraid she was going to go down this route

"To be honest, I don't know. I don't know how I feel. I have no idea what's going on," I answer her truthfully. "I don't know, he might've been drunk, and I'm just overthinking it, it may be nothing, plus we're in the same class and working on a project together, I don't want things to become complicated" she nods.

"Are you going to tell Niamh?" I shake my head

"I don't see the point in telling her if it ends up being nothing if things do change, of course, I will," she nods.

"Fair enough, I want to go shopping, you down?" she always knows how to keep my mind from running, I nod my head as I put my bowl in the dishwasher 

"Can I shower at least? Maybe Niamh can meet us Gloucester Quays, that's if she's willing to leave Dean's bed, of course."

"I'll text her while you shower then" I nod again and head to the shower.

By the time I get dressed, Iris is already ready to go. Niamh will be meeting us there. We head to H&M first because I need to get a few blazers for the numerous presentations I will be giving this term, as we walk around the store, I pick out a few that have Iris' stamp of approval, of course, Iris finds a few things she likes as well, and we proceed to pay.