Chapter 5 - The Ride Home

I'm walking to the train when I receive a message.

                                                                       Unknown Number

UN: You left your jacket here, want me to bring it to you?

                                                                                                                                                                        Me: um, sure.

I turn back to see who was texting me. I see Jose running towards me with my jacket, his jacket, and his book bag. Is he coming with?

"Omg thank you! My mom would've been so mad if I lost this jacket."

"No problem" He hands me my jacket and asks if he can escort me home. I say sure. We are walking up the steps to the train and I save his contact as "Jose🤷‍♀️". I chose this emoji because I didn't know if he was going to be a bad part of my life or a good one. We board the train and he chooses a double seater. I sit next to him and he wraps his arm over my shoulder.

"So, where do you live?" He asked me.

"Stalker much" He laughs.

"Maybe" Now it's my turn to laugh.

"I live on 176, I have to take the 6 and then transfer to the 4."

"I live by Fordham, I can actually take the same route or take the 12 bus straight there." I nod and the rest of the ride on the 6 is quiet. I end up falling asleep in his arms and he has to wake me up when it's time to transfer to the 4. We walk up the stairs and wait for the 4.

"So, what made you come to Renaissance?" He asks

"Well, I love music obvi. And I really just wanted to be with my friends you know?"

"Yea, I get it. I really am going to talk to Mr. Taubman because your voice is beautiful"

"Thank you!" I smile and he tells me to sing for him. "What song?"

"Sing chandelier again." He pushes

"Geez ya really like that song." He smiles and I start singing. I close my eyes and when I open them I can see that there are people surrounding us listening to me. I instantly stop and blush. They clap and I say thank you. The train finally comes and we get on it. We get to my stop and we get off the train. As we're walking down the stairs I tell him we should go to the store.
"Want some water?" He asks me.

"No, it's cool you don't have to buy me anything."

"It's ok, I insist"

"You sure?" He smiles and tells me he wouldn't offer if he wasn't. I grab the water and we start walking up the street to my house. We get to the front of my building and I have to call my mom to open the door. I tell Jose to go quickly before my mom sees him and he plants a quick kiss on my cheek and walks off. I wait for my mom to come down and tell her about my day as we walk upstairs to our apartment. I go to my room and start my homework. I take a nap and my mom wakes me up to eat some dinner. After dinner I shower and go back to sleep. Until tomorrow.