Chapter 1: Ruby Rose

Mysterious Narrator(Archive): Before Dust, before Aura, before this 'Remnant Age', there was the Traveler.

M.N.(Archive): The Traveler was a being of great power that had battled its enemy, the Darkness, for thousands of years. Eventually, the Traveler found humanity and gifted it with great miracles. A few centuries later, the Darkness found the Traveler and waged war on it and humanity. The Traveler sacrificed itself to give humanity the Guardians, great warriors who, with their Ghost companions, defended humanity. For a time, this worked. But eventually the Guardians fell and with them, humanity.

Images of a vast city in ruins.

M.N.(Archive): In a final attempt to wipe out the Darkness the Traveler sacrificed itself again. This time destroying the Traveler, and everything else, thus ending the 'Traveler Age'. With the last of its power, the Traveler remade the world into this 'Remnant Age' and gave this new humanity the gift of Light, better known as Aura. Unfortunately, the Darkness also remained in the Grimm. As such, the battle between Light and Dark continues within this new humanity and the Grimm.

Images of Huntsmen battling the Grimm.

M.N.(Archive): Unfortunately, even with the power of their Aura, humanity is still at risk from the Darkness. Perhaps, it is time for the Guardians to return...

A young man with silver hair, golden eyes, wolf ears and tail, and a multitude of weapons on his person, walks down a street and into a shop labeled "From Dust Till Dawn".

He enters the shop and walks to the back. He starts looking through a few weapons articles on a shelf. Glancing to his right, he sees a girl about his age in a red cloak looking through a weapon article. Wanting to avoid a conversation, the Fanus puts on headphones to give the impression that he is listening to music.

Back at the front of the store a group of men in black suits led by a man in a white suit. They walk up to the store owner and one of the grunts holds the store owner at gunpoint. The man in the white suit, seemingly the leader, signals to his men to start taking the Dust. The men spread out and start filling canisters and cases with the elemental minerals.

One of the men reaches the back sees the two young adults. He pulls out a sword and points it at the duo.

Grunt: Alright kids, put your hand where I can see them.

The wolf fanus feigns ignorance and pretends he didn't hear the crook, the girl doesn't hear the Grunt through her music. The robber, angered at the fact that he's being ignored, walks forward and yanks the hood of the girl's cloak down. This causes both of the teens to look up at the crook, who is gesturing for them to take off their headphones. Both of the young adults comply. The girl tilts her head, as if asking 'what do you want?'.

Grunt: I said, put your hands where I can see them.

Girl/Guy: Are... you robbing me?