Chapter 9: The Badge and The Burden

Omni is sleeping restlessly in his sleeping bag in the corner of RWBY's, and Omni's, dorm. Suddenly there is the high pitched sound of a whistle being blown.

Ruby: Good morning team-!

*BANG*

The whistle is shot out of Ruby's hand, causing her to yell out in surprise. The entirety of team RWBY whirls around to see a slightly delirious Omni pointing Deadeye at them. A moment later, Archive appears.

Archive(soothingly): Calm down, Omni. No one is going to hurt you. This isn't a nightmare.

Omni takes a deep breathe before shakily putting Deadeye down.

Weiss: What in the world is wrong with you?

Omni(shakily): S-sorry. Loud noises tend to startle me. Very few people can wake me up without me reacting badly.

Ruby: It's fine Omni. I'll make sure to not use a whistle next time.

Omni smiles at her.

Ruby: Anyway, now that you both are awake we can officially begin our first order of business.

Yang: Decorating!

Yang is holding an assortment of items and Blake is holding a suitcase.

Weiss: What?

Blake: We still have to unpack.(suitcase opens and the contents spill out onto the floor) And clean.

Ruby: Alright! Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission. Banzai!

Yang/Blake(while striking a pose with Ruby): Banzai!

Omni: Uh, what about me?

Ruby: You can help.

Team RWBY plus Omni start decorating the room. Yang puts up a poster, Weiss hangs a painting, Blake puts her books on a bookshelf, Ruby does something to a curtain (A.N. seriously, does anyone know why Ruby did that?), and Omni sets up a workbench and weapon rack in his little corner. When they were done, all of the beds are piled up in the middle of the room.

Weiss: This isn't going to work.

Blake: It is a bit cramped.

Yang: Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff.

Omni(standing protectively in front of his weapon rack and workbench): No.

Ruby: Or we could ditch the beds.(throws hands up in the air) And replace them with bunk beds!

Weiss: Um, that sounds incredibly dangerous.

Yang: And super awesome!

Blake: It does seem efficient.

Weiss: Well, we should put it to a vote.

Ruby(giggles): I think we just did.

Blake gives a thumbs up, Yang gives a double rocker gesture, and Weiss makes a face while clenching her hands into fists. The four girls are about to rush in, but Omni stops them.

Omni: Hey, why don't you let me and Archive handle this?

Weiss: And why would we do that?

Omni(deadpan): I had to survive for half a year in the forest when I was eight, with only Archive to help me. I learned pretty fast how to make a sturdy shelter. Just tell me if you want anything special added.