Chapter 10: The Badge and The Burden Part 2

Port stands next to the cage that contains a Grimm. Team RWBY cheer on Weiss, who is standing in the middle of the 'arena'. Omni watches with a worried expression, his hand rests on Deadeye ready to draw.

Yang: Go Weiss!

Blake(waving an RWBY flag): Fight well!

Omni(mentally to Archive): Where did the flag come form!?

Archive(Omni's mind): ...I have no idea.

Ruby: Yeah, represent team RWBY!

Weiss: Ruby, I'm trying to focus.

Ruby: Oh, sorry.

Omni: Why are you only yelling at her? You do know Yang and Blake were also cheering, right?

Weiss ignores Omni.

Peter: Alright. Let the match, begin.

Port uses his weapon to cut the lock on the cage, making the door fall down to reveal a Boarbatusk. The Boarbatusk growls and charge Weiss.

Weiss dodges and swings her weapon, Myrtenaster, at the Grimm, which does no damage due to the Boarbatusk's armor. The Grimm stops and turns around to face Weiss.

Peter: Haha, wasn't expecting that were you?

Ruby: Hang in there Weiss!

Weiss rushes forward, weapon posed to stab the Boarbatusk, which results in Myrtenaster getting caught in the Grimm's tusks.

Peter: Bold, new approach. I like it!

Omni(mentally to Archive): Does he really need to commentate?

Ruby: Come on Weiss, show it who's boss!

Weiss looks over at Ruby, most likely to yell at her. In that moment of distraction, the Boarbatusk rears its head back, sending Myrtenaster skidding across the floor behind the Grimm. The Grimm than rams into Weiss with its tusks.

Peter: Oho, now what will you do without your weapon?

The Grimm charges at Weiss, who manages to roll to the side just in time. The Boarbatusk slams into a wall and falls over, giving Weiss time to grab her weapon. 

Ruby: Weiss, go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-

Weiss(whirling around to glare at Ruby): Stop telling me what to do!

Ruby's expression saddens.

The Boarbatusk roars and curls into a ball before rolling quickly towards Weiss, who summons a glyph that the Grimm bounces off of, causing it to uncurl and fall onto its back. Weiss then uses another glyph to launch herself at the Grimm and stab it in the stomach. The Boarbatusk squeals and dies.

Peter: Bravo! Bravo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true huntress in training. I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings and, stay vigilant. Class dismissed.

A mad Weiss storms off to the lockers.

Jaune: Sheesh what's with her?

The rest of team RWBY look at each other worriedly. Ruby follows after Weiss. The rest of the group of friends leave for the next class, no one notices Omni follow silently after Ruby.

Ruby confronts Weiss and Omni listens around the corner.

Ruby: Weiss.

Weiss: What?