Chapter 13: Forever Fall Parts 1&2

Omni had taken notice that lately, Jaune has been hanging out more with Cardin and Pyrrha is upset about something. When Omni talked to Ruby about it, she suggested getting Jaune's part of the story before jumping to any conclusions.

That brings us here, Ruby and Omni watching Jaune standing outside his dorm.

Omni and Ruby share a look before Ruby steps forward.

Ruby: Hey Jaune.

Jaune whirls around to see Ruby and Omni standing across form him.

Ruby: Long time no see. Did you lock yourself out again?

Omni has to restrain himself from laughing at Ruby's question.

Jaune: Oh uh, nope!(holds up scroll) Got it!

Omni: So, where have you been lately?

Jaune: I uh...(sighs) I messed up. I did something I shouldn't have and now Cardin's got me on a leash and Pyrrha won't even talk to me... I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea.

Jaune leans back against the door to his dorm and slides down to the ground.

Jaune: I'm a failure.

The silver hair and silver eyed teens share a look.

Ruby: Nope.

Jaune(looking up): Nope?

Ruby: Nope. You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure.

Jaune: But, what if I'm a failure at being a leader?

Ruby: Hmm...

Omni: Nope.

Jaune: You know, you guys are not the easiest people to talk to about this kind of stuff.

Ruby sits next to Jaune and Omni leans against team RWBY's door.

Omni/Ruby: Nope!

Ruby: Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid, and you might've even been a failure the day we first met.

Jaune sighs and slumps down.

Ruby: But you can't be one now.

Omni: You know why?

Jaune: Uh, because-

Ruby: Because it's not just about you anymore. You've got a team now Jaune. We both do. And if we fail, then we'll just be bringing them down with us. We have to put our teammates first,(stands up) and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I think that can be you. Have a good night Jaune.

Omni moves aside to let Ruby into RWBY's dorm. Omni then reaches a hand out to Jaune, who takes it, and pulls him up.

Omni: Remember Jaune, it's okay to ask for help from your team, from your friends. Take it from someone with experience, it's better than doing things alone.

Omni turns around and enters his and RWBY's dorm. As the wolf fanus closes the door, though, his wolf ears pick up the sound of Jaune's scroll ringing. Omni presses his right human and fanus ear against the door.

Cardin(through scroll): Hey! It's your buddy Cardin. I know you're probably bust with that dust project I gave you, but I'm gonna need yo to go out and get me a bag of rapier wasps.

Jaune: Gah!

Cardin: And make sure they've got some really big stingers.

Timeskip(brought to you by a pissed off Omni chasing a laughing Archive)