Chapter 2: The Shining Beacon

Pyrrha and Omni step off the airship, along with a multitude of other students.

Omni: Hey Pyr? Could you go on ahead without me?

Pyrrha: Why waiting for someone?

Omni groans, he could hear Archive laughing in his head. Ever since Omni told Pyrrha about what happened that night during the Dust robbery and he mentioned that Ruby seemed pretty, Pyrrha has been teasing him non-stop.

Omni: Yes, I am. I wanted to say hi to Ruby.

Pyrrha: Aw, my little brother has a crush.

Omni growls and his ears and tail twitch in annoyance. Archive howls in laughter, Omni has to block him out so he doesn't get a headache.

Omni: Sure, whatever you say Pyrrha.

Pyrrha laughs and walks off. Omni looks around until he spots a familiar red cloak. Walking closer, Omni sees Ruby talking to an older girl with long, blonde hair. The older girl suddenly rushes off, confusing Ruby and causing her to stumble backwards. Ruby ends up falling into a trolley full of suit cases, sending them flying.

Omni rushes over to help Ruby, but stops a few feet away when he's intercepted by a girl, that is wearing a blue and white outfit with a rapier strapped to her waist, who immediately starts yelling at Ruby.

Girl: What are you doing!?

Ruby: Uh, sorry.

Girl: Sorry? Do you have any idea of the damage you could've caused?

Ruby: Uh...

Ruby hands one of the fallen cases to the girl, who snatches it out of Ruby's hands.

Girl: This is Dust mined and purified from the Schnee Quarry.

Ruby: Uh...

Girl: What are you, brain dead? Dust! Fire, water, lightning, energy! Are you even listening to me? Is any of this sinking in? What do you have to say for yourself!?

While ranting, the girl shakes a bottle of Dust around, spreading Dust particles into the air and Ruby's nose. Seeing what was about to happen Omni rushes past the girl, who drops the bottle in surprise and making it roll away, and pinches Ruby's nose as she sneezes. Omni sighs and removes his hand from Ruby's nose

Girl: How dare you!

Omni whips around to face the girl, holding pack a snarl.

Omni: How dare you! You're the one that yelled at her even after she apologized. You're the one that didn't even give her a chance to really speak. You're the one who almost made her sneeze and cause an explosion!

Girl: You have no right to talk to me that way! How did you even get in here? Aren't you two a little young to be in Beacon?

Ruby, at this point had gotten up off the ground.

Ruby: Well...

Girl: This isn't your ordinary combat school. It's not just sparring and practice you know. We're here to fight monsters. So watch where you're going!

Omni has to restrain himself from harming the girl.

Ruby: I said I was sorry, Princess!

?: It's heiress, actually.

A girl in mostly black with a bow on her head walks up us. In her hand is the Dust container the girl in white was shaking. Her eyes quickly scan over each of us, though they seem to linger on me for a moment.