Chapter 16: Black and White

Ruby, Omni, Yang, and Weiss walk down the streets of Vale, searching for their friend. Ruby and Omni discreetly hold each other's hand for comfort.

Ruby: Blaaake!?

Omni: Blake!? Where are you!?

Yang: Blaaake!?

Ruby: Blaaake!? Where are yooouuu!?

Yang: Blake!

Ruby(turning to Weiss): Weiss, you're not helping!

Weiss: Oh! You know who might be able to help? The police.

Ruby/Omni: Ugh. Weiss...

Weiss: It was just an idea!

Ruby/Omni: Yeah, a bad one.

Both teens look at each other and blush.

Yang: Weiss, I think we should hear her side of the story before we jump to any conclusions.

Weiss: I think when we hear it, you'll all realize I was right.

Omni growls, but Ruby squeezes his hand and he calms down.

Penny(walking behind the group): And I think Weiss' hair looks wonderful today!

The entire group whirls around to face Penny. Omni almost hides behind Ruby, but a tightening of the grip on his hand keeps him from doing so.

Omni/Ruby: Ah! Penny! Where did you come from!?

Penny(ignoring Omni and Ruby's question): Hey guys. What are you up to?

Ruby/Omni: Uhhhhhhhh...

Yang: We're looking for our friend Blake.

Penny: Oooh! You mean the faunus girl!

The group stares at Penny in surprise.

Omni: Wait...

Ruby: How did you know that?

Penny(pointing to her head): Uh, the cat ears?

Yang: What cat ears? She wears a... bow...

A tumble weed rolls by as the group comes to a realization.

Ruby(whispering to Omni): She does like tuna a lot.

Omni(whispering to Ruby): I want to know where the tumble weed came from.

Penny: So, where is she?

Ruby: We don't know. She's been missing since Friday.

Omni squeezes Ruby's hand. The two smile at each other. The moment is ruined when Penny rushes over and grips Ruby's arms, causing her to let go of Omni's hand.

Penny(gasp): That's terrible! Well don't you worry Ruby and Omni, my friends!(lets go of Ruby and backs away with her hands on her hips) I won't rest until we find your teammate.

Omni thinks about correcting Penny and saying he's not a part of the team, but decides against it.

Ruby: Uh, that's really nice of you Penny, uh, but we're-we're okay. Really. Right guys?

The silver duo look at their friends, only to find Weiss and Yang gone.

The wind picks up and a tumble weed rolls past.

Penny: It sure is windy today.

Omni: Seriously! Where are the tumble weeds coming from!?