1.1 Michael

I walked in the school as I waited on my boyfriend, Michael. I constantly texted him, but alas he didn't text back.

   Every single day it was like this. I'd wait here, worried constantly about him, and he'd come just a few minutes before the bell rang.

    I didn't question him, because I'm scared I might lose him.

   Why you may ask? Because Michael and I are polar opposites. I'm the nerdy girl, while he is Mr. Popular badboy, who gets any girl he wants.

   To this day, I always ask myself, why is it, that Michael chose me, overall the girls who constantly throw themselves at him.

   Maybe, I leave that question unanswered.

   I checked my phone, if he texted back, and nothing. It was currently 8:23. I started walking, because the bell was going to ring in two minutes.

   I made my way to my class, and sat in the way back, my usual seat. "*cough* nerd*cough*" I heard as I walked past a few jocks.

   I hung my head down, and sat in my desk. I looked down on my fingers, and fumbled with them

   I was never a brave person. I hated it when I got people agitated, or mad at me, so i let them pry at me.

   Every time michael saw it, he would ignore it. Yes I was hurt by it, but I know just being seen with me was already a burden.

   "Mr.Clifford. This is the fourth time you've been late. What is it this time?" Our teacher scolded.

   I looked up, and saw Michael with his hair tossled, and he was wearing his famous greenday shirt with black skinnys.

   "Whatever Deborah." He retorted as he sat down in his usual seat with the jocks.

   "Detention." She smirked, before she continued attendance. I looked anywhere but at Michael’s direction, because I don't want him to be embarrassed by me.

   Like he usually is.

   So, I stared at the windows, and watched the breeze softly move the leaves, as I pulled at the ends of sweater.

   The bell had rung, and everybody made their way outside, to make it to their first block.

   "Y/n!" I turned around, hoping it was Michael, but it was just my friend Ashton.

   "Hey ash." I whispered. I wasn't that much of a loud person, but the weird thing, is that Ashton's the loudest and giddiest person you could meet.

   "Hey, you okay?" He asked, as he and I made our way to our classroom. I thought about it, and just shrugged.

   "How about some icecream later on after school? Will that cheer you up?" He offered. I turned to him, and gave him a huge grin, before walking into our class.

   We took our seats, which was right next to each other, and we endured a horrible block of maths.

   "Yo, nerd. Here, its for you." A jock said, as he passed me a note. I was hesitant about it, but I opened it, and read it.